Retro Dust --> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iND, Oct 11, 2011.

1. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011

Retro Dust - Classic Arcade Asteroids Vs Invaders

merlyn lear
    Classic Arcade Asteroid shooting returns with a vengeance in this fast paced retro arcade shooter. Navigate and blast yo…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Classic Arcade Asteroid shooting returns with a vengeance in this fast paced retro arcade shooter. Navigate and blast your way through the Meteor fields to survive. Collect power ups to upgrade your lasers and collect special power ups to activate your super weapons including dual lasers, super lasers and 3-Way fire. Use your shields for emergency escapes. All new 'Invasion” mode pits you not only against the Meteor fields but the Invaders for outer space in this amazing arcade cross twist. Arcadelife rating: 94/100 Features: * Fast, Slick and addictive arcade game play * 5 Game modes- Arcade, Invasion, Time, Super Chunk, Survival * Choice of 4 player ships each with their own handling and fire power characteristics. * 2 Graphic skin styles to choose from – Retro and Tech (Modern graphics) * 4 Methods of control (Classic arcade rotate and shoot buttons, Touch control, 2 Joysticks systems) * Left and right handed control options. Auto orientation (Landscape modes) * Semi auto fire mode (To save your fingers!) * 2 Difficulty modes to master * Stunning HD graphics specially designed for the latest Retina devices as well as full support for older SD devices. * Out of this world music and sound effects * Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards to compete for the best scores in the galaxy. Please note some features (Tech Skin, Survival Mode, Big Chunk Mode) require the expansion pack available via in-app purchase. Check out the fantastic game trailer at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ec8g3DnxMw (you can find it by searching for "Retro Dust"
    Information
    Seller:merlyn lear
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 20, 2011
    Updated:Oct 01, 2015
    Version:1.5
    Size:20.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Hooray! I was hoping this would go free.

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    that was fast..

but thanks! :)

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmm.. worth a shot for free.

5. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    full of IAPS

6. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Tried and immediately deleted. I just didn't like the controls at all.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I haven't tried it, but app store only shows 1 IAP??? Are there hidden ones?

8. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #8 EfratBarTal, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    yeah sorry maybe there's a single IAP but this is with a lot of the game's content

9. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

downloaded it, and bought the IAP.
    Great game!

10. Dino Castle

Dino Castle Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Public Administration
    I like Silverline Artes games, they recicle a lot (and i mean a LOT) of things in their games and this is actually something like a mash between asteroid dust and space inversion but their actually pretty fun so I bought the IAP to give 'em some support!

11. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Ya, I deleted Asteroid Dust after playing this one. This is superior in every way.

The joystick controls are a bit too 'fast' for my liking, but I'm getting used to it.

12. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Tons of options to adjust the controls, but even on easy, I can't find one that works for me. Traditional "Asteroid controls" are most effective for me, but even they aren't really working.

Going to keep trying, but I'm not sure this one's going to last long. :(

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Gotta agree with you there. Really like the ideas in the game, particularly the merging of Space Invaders in Asteroids-like gameplay. Graphics are solid as well. But I'm also not really liking any of the controls. I actually wouldn't mind if there were dual-stick shooter style controls. But I guess that would mean losing the "floaty" acceleration-based mechanics of Asteroids.

Maybe the rash of DSS games have just soured me on the old-style Asteroids controls.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Free again. Still not terribly fond of the controls, but it is still a pretty cool game.

15. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    FREE Agian + Retro Dust HD (ipad) FREE

Retro Dust HD (ipad) FREE

Retro Dust HD - Classic Arcade Asteroids Vs Invaders

merlyn lear
    Classic Arcade Asteroid shooting returns with a vengeance in this fast paced retro arcade shooter. Navigate and blast y…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Classic Arcade Asteroid shooting returns with a vengeance in this fast paced retro arcade shooter. Navigate and blast your way through the Meteor fields to survive. Collect power ups to upgrade your lasers and collect special power ups to activate your super weapons including dual lasers, super lasers and 3-Way fire. Use your shields for emergency escapes. All new 'Invasion” mode pits you not only against the Meteor fields but the Invaders for outer space in this amazing arcade cross twist. ## Now with full icade support ## Arcadelife rating: 94/100 Features: * Fast, Slick and addictive arcade game play * 5 Game modes- Arcade, Invasion, Time, Super Chunk, Survival * Choice of 4 player ships each with their own handling and fire power characteristics. * 2 Graphic skin styles to choose from – Retro and Tech (Modern graphics) * 4 Methods of control (Classic arcade rotate and shoot buttons, Touch control, 2 Joysticks systems) * Left and right handed control options. Auto orientation (Landscape modes) * Semi auto fire mode (To save your fingers!) * 2 Difficulty modes to master * Stunning HD graphics specially designed for iPad * Out of this world music and sound effects * Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards to compete for the best scores in the galaxy. * HD mode features extra game backgrounds and higher quality audio Please note some features (Tech Skin, Survival Mode, Big Chunk Mode) require the expansion pack available via in-app purchase. Check out the fantastic game trailer at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ec8g3DnxMw (you can find it by searching for "Retro Dust"
    Information
    Seller:merlyn lear
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 20, 2011
    Updated:Oct 01, 2015
    Version:1.5
    Size:23.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

16. Wow ipad hd version, can't resist...

17. I like this game, plays like a suped up asteroids. Loooks really nice on my new ipad. Thanks!