★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Com2uS] The most immersive, extreme snowboarding game. SummitX Snowboarding!

12-15-2011, 02:21 AM
[Com2uS] The most immersive, extreme snowboarding game. SummitX Snowboarding!

The most immersive, extreme snowboarding game!

SummitX Snowboarding is now live on the App Store! In SummitX Snowboarding, feel like you are truly carving down the mountain. Experience the highest quality HD graphics and rawest “true-to-sport” physics of any snowboarding mobile game in the world. Feel the speed! Catch big air!

Download Now

Special Event
-Facebook
You got any snowboarding gears? Here’s your chance to show them off on our wall and win a iTunes gift card! Post any of your own pictures related to snowboarding on Com2uS facebook wall.
Com2uS facebook

-Global Forum & Toucharcade
The hidden catch contest! Check both scenes and find non-matching parts.
Global Forum
Toucharcade

Game Poster

SummitX Snowboarding! Fear nothing. Tame the peak.
Play the most immersive, extreme snowboarding game to date on your phone!

Play Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

*Developer & publisher of: Chronicles of Inotia 1, 2, 3 - Tower Defense - Slice It! - 9 Innings: Pro Baseball - The World of Magic - Homerun Battle series - others
*Com2uS Official Website | Com2uS Twitter | Com2uS Official Website | Com2uS Facebook | Com2us Tumblr | Com2us Blog | Com2us Forum

Last edited by com2us; 12-15-2011 at 04:44 AM.
12-15-2011, 02:35 AM
This looks good, but with no video, am concerned with the controls/handling of the player, etc. Waiting to see what others who've actually played it have to say!

12-15-2011, 02:38 AM
For $5 I will wait for a video or impressions.
12-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
For $5 I will wait for a video or impressions.
Look, I buy pretty much every new snowboarding game that looks half decent. I'd drop $5 on this in a heartbeat with no video or impressions in sight. It's the IAP that scares me and I'm loathe to support this dev in any way.
12-15-2011, 02:59 AM
12-15-2011, 03:07 AM
This game looks epic - finally a snowboarding game for up to date phones. looking forward to what people have to say but I know Im gonna love this

should we comment the differences in thread or send them by pm...im gonna do pm so others can guess the differences and not copy me :P

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
12-15-2011, 03:09 AM
That video doesn't give much away.

Guess I'll just pick this up. Will post impressions and the scoop on IAP in a bit.
12-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Wow, that's certainly some BIG AIR! Maybe too much, though. Will wait for some opinions. Maybe Gabe will tell us if it's up to snuff. Personally, I like half-pipe types, but this does look nice!

Last edited by bigrand1; 12-15-2011 at 03:13 AM.
12-15-2011, 04:44 AM
Get more information

Play Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

*Developer & publisher of: Chronicles of Inotia 1, 2, 3 - Tower Defense - Slice It! - 9 Innings: Pro Baseball - The World of Magic - Homerun Battle series - others
*Com2uS Official Website | Com2uS Twitter | Com2uS Official Website | Com2uS Facebook | Com2us Tumblr | Com2us Blog | Com2us Forum
12-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by com2us View Post
Come on. Say something that strays off the page of a marketing pamphlet just a little. I dare you. Anything at all. Prove you're an actual real human being. How's the weather in your part of the world?

In any case, the game. In a nutshell: it is "ok." Which is good because it means I'll get at least a bit of fun for my $5.49. And bad because my $5.49 doesn't even buy me the chance to really cut into it here.

First off: don't bother without a latest gen device. I tried it on an iTouch 4 first and experienced poor frame rate and frequent, persistent crashes. (If you ask me if I rebooted you get a virtual smack in the face.)

Better experience on the iPad 2. Frame rate improved but still far from the consistent 60 FPS that would have given the game the chance to shine. No crashes at all in a half hour's or so play.

The game sports an ambitious and interesting control mechanic that's difficult to describe but much simpler to grasp when tried for yourself. A line on each side of the screen represents the boarder's feet, and by sliding a digit along each you are approximating what would equate to shifting weight forward and back on each foot. For the most part this works and works well. Unfortunately it really needs that pesky 60 FPS in order to make the most of the subtleties this control type could potentially offer. But kudos to the devs for thinking out of the box and coming up with this. With a bit more work it could really be something worthwhile.

The IAP is of the "pay up or grind" variety. This isn't freemium and no restrictions are placed on your play time. You're able to unlock cash by successfully finishing events - slowly - or pay to get cash at once. Cash unlocks boards, tricks, and different board skins. The higher tier unlocks run into thousands. For a gold medal finish to an event you get $50. You do the math.

Overall, I can neither recommend this nor knock it too much. Those in it for the graphics, with latest devices and a high tolerance for less than ideal frame rates will get the most out of this.