Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Cb_jeep@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 2011
    #1221 [email protected], Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Nothing

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Save the world files on your computer via File Share and then try to delete and reinstall. If the worlds are from before the last update (I think, it might be the one before that) they are not compatible. IE if you skipped an update then the data has been changed.

3. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    New England Gamer deserves a lot!!!! Thanks for the knowledge. I'm diving back in for more. Don't know why. I'm attached.

4. Cb_jeep@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 2011
    #1224 [email protected], Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    I have updated the game two times since I last played it I think.
    Please tell me that didn't kill my game...

I was able to create a new world, but none of my saved games will load..

5. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #1225 Tannorexic, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    How do you make a new world? I just pressed the refresh symbol next to world one, it said are you sure? I said yes and nothing happened.

And also only world 1 and world 2 have that symbol, 3 doesn't, and 3 won't load, and world 1 seems to now have my underground mine that world 3 had

I've experienced a few crashes. I played for a few hours and it crashed so I haven't opened it again since then cause I was annoyed and I don't want to open it and see that I've lost everything so I'm refusing to open it..for a while anyway..

I also got stuck on 99% loading time, but on ipad 2 instead, try changing worlds, mine got stuck on world 3, but I exited the app, then when I pressed continue it had loaded.. Try closing the app if it gets stuck at 99% rather then waiting for it to crash.

Really great update.. Though I'm quite scared about trying to find the new statue under an entire new underground..that's going to be some work!

I love the christmas trees and Xmas balls. I haven't seen them in game yet but I'm going to create a new world now so I can see it, I'm excited woooot

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Game runs fine for me.

4S
    5.x.x

7. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Well I was in the middle of stripping one underground when the update hit. So that world is sitting on my computer as I start another one with the new features. We will see what I find! I am going a little bit more sporadically this time though - the other one was going all the way across one way then all the way across the other.... didn't help but I was hoping eventually I would find the missing pieces!

(and when you say random, they all do appear right - just in different places? Or is there a chance that some pieces won't generate with the world?)

8. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Just played for an hour or two, god it's addictive.

Found two pieces of the new statue and found about 7 presents.

Also found a crescent moon, in which I adore.

Some of the things that are found in the present boxes for those whonare wondering:
    Gingerbread man
    Christmas tree baubles
    Candy canes
    Wreath of flowers
    Ribbon/ bow

I'm loving the new purple torches, along with the gree torches, my house looks like a rave.

I love the snow.. I'm unsure how to attach baubles to a Xmas tree, I don't think I've found the right tree yet, there's the new tree on the surface, but I think there's another species of tree underground in the cold biome..I've been digging around looking for the cold biome for almost 2 hours I think..

The presents are scattered through out the underground..not necessarily in a biome..just between the stones in caverns generally.

9. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Addicted.

Seriously. Made a house! :3 Getting a snail pet too 8D

iPod 4 5.0.1 no issues.

10. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    A free version of Junk Jack, called Junk Jack LE, has been released to AppStore.

So you can try the game before purchasing it :)
    Spread the word please!

Here's the link: http://t.co/Q5xOT6y5

Should we open a different topic? We don't want to go against policies of TA forum :D

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    No here is good - I can change the title to reflect the new lite.

And............

I just found.............

my............

FIFTH EGYPTIAN MIDDLE

and still no complete statue. Several Feet; Several Middles, no Heads. Even found the MIDDLE Christmas one. I am doomed.

12. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I will swap you your Egyptian feet for a Van Gogh!

13. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    I wanted to wait for a sale to buy this title- but the developer support has won me over. The heaps of praise has made it hard to wait, really. Hopefully I'll get all of those statue pieces (glares at New England Gamer).

TAKE MY MONEY!

14. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I wish we could!

15. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Awesome update! Thank you, Pixbits! n_n

16. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #1236 AlteaineDranix, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    I haven't had the time to explore the new update yet, but I do have a question. Will the new biome and the items inside the presents still be available even after the holiday theme is replaced?
    I'm assuming that the cold biome will still be there, but I'm not sure that the present items will be, since it's a themed thing. I'd love it if it could be available all year around, even if they're going to be made into drops from digging and/or treasure chests. Making them limited edition items doesn't sit well with me, as it means that players who buy Junk Jack after the holiday version won't have a chance to obtain them.

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Heh I just encountered my first crash and it very brutally taught me the difference between saving and backing up. I guess it's good that I encountered it early in the game...

18. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    The new update added so many things, i'll have to get back into the game now :)

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Same here. I played this solid for the first week or so then I went off to play skyrim. But now I'm back I'm going to start again by deleting my worlds as I was quite lost after not playing for so long.
    I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff though. (I've got a week until Christmas to make my wonderland) :)

20. Great game right up until it crashed on my iPhone 4s and deleted everything in my inventory.

So periodically saving it AND backing it up does nothing.

Deleted from device. 1-star review left in iTunes.

Not wasting my time with this buggy game.