SSX making of Video

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I like snowboarding.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #3 MidianGTX, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    I f***ing love SSX. Other snowboarding games have been good, but SSX is just incredible. Somehow it doesn't even feel like a sport when you play, it's just amazing fun. Seriously can't wait for this game.

Edit: Can you add part 1 to the topic as well? I haven't seen it.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Done.

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    SSX Tricky was the reason I got my own Xbox.

Best. Series. Ever. Hopefully Deadly Descents doesn't disappoint!

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    What happened to iOS version? It must be 2 years since announcing it now...

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    That makes sense. Though if it's being released at the same time as the console versions it may have been pushed right back into 2012.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  9. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    The SSX games are an absolute blast to play. I loved both SSX3 and Tricky when I was younger. I hope the new game coming out is good, even though I only own a Wii and therefore can't play it.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I started SSX3 over for the third time this weekend, still the best snowboarding game out there (so far) but the new game just looks so crisp and clean! Something about the exaggerated jumps and scenery in SSX gives you this feeling of freedom that other games in the game sport don't have, it's almost like you're flying... and with the wingsuit I suspect that feeling is gonna be taken up another notch.

11. MrThreeCats

Jan 16, 2011
    After watching those videos, I am fairly confident that this will be the greatest SSX game or even snowboarding game to date.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm really looking forward to the new SSX game, but one thing I'm pretty disappointed in is that it's missing the crazy locations of SSX Tricky. Snowboarding in cities and stuff like that. That was really fun. This is just mountains. Exaggerated mountains, but still just mountains all the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to it, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed in the approach they are taking.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    There was only really one city in the previous games, and it was the same city (same name anyway, layout was different) in both Tricky and SSX3. There's still time for it to come back, but even if it doesn't, 90% of the games were city-free before anyway. Judging by the concept art for this one, most of the craziness is still there so I wouldn't be surprised to see the city appear later on.

Mac was always my character of choice so this trailer makes me happy as a pig in s***. I hope he's still got his headphones.

14. MrThreeCats

Jan 16, 2011
    The game really looks great. The SSX logo at the end is different from the logo in the first teaser, so I'm wondering if they're changing it to appease to the fans who thought that the game would be gritty and serious.

I'm kinda glad that they're getting rid of the whole "one mountain, three peaks" thing, because it allows for more variation in the tracks. Ever since SSX3 (which I still loved) the tracks were less imaginative because they were forced to fit into the mountain setting. My favourite track in SSX3 was Metro City because it looked cool and had a bunch of shortcuts, and that track was at the very bottom of the mountain. The idea of going from top of the mountain to the bottom was cool (it was a long half-hour trip for me), but it was a bit overkill. This new SSX will probably have one explorable mountain with many tracks for each destination, so getting from top to bottom of a mountain will be a shorter trip which is a good thing to me. I'm sure this game will be great either way.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I really liked the idea of riding the entire mountain in SSX3, but in practise it was annoying how the "Lodge" sections between tracks were practically flat ground and completely killed the speed and flow of the ride. SSX has always been great for relaxing sessions, just you, the mountain and a shitload of air... the whole mountain trip just gave you more time to chill out. Also the day/night transitions were way too sudden. I think it's possible they could stick to the same format but throw some more variety in there, if they really tried.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesomeness. That shockwave thing looks amazing but I hope it won't be overused. Seems like a good number of choices for routes to take down the mountain, lots of air, lots of speed... damn I can't wait. I really shouldn't watch these.