Marvel vs Capcom 2 (By Capcom, coming april 26)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    It will be a prerendered image I think, capcom don't give respect to ios users, take a look to street fighter volt, It's all prerendered and the background are ridicoulus. Capcom is a shame on Ios!

2. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    This is me assuming, but I don't think that the current iPhones and stuff could handle moving backgrounds while the game is played. If they developed an iPad 3 one, maybe it would work, I don't know.

If Volt got moving backgrounds, it would lag even worse than it already does online.

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    That's the downside with ios gaming, too many older devices that companies want to cater to. If high end games were designed only with A5 in mind they can do some amazing stuff like a fully 3d street fighter. I was hoping mvc2 would be like mvc3 on vita, 3d but still some minimal movement.

4. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I bet the controls for this game will be a fair bit like the Vita version. The one thing I'm hoping though is that you can't SP Assist Supers like you can in Volt. It really puts a damper on the game to a certain degree.

And where did you hear this rumor about a Smackdown 2 port? o_O

Hahhaha, Mooken! If this has multiplayer, then here's another game we can tussle at! ;)

Seriously man, you have to take into account the platform. If you want the game as it was originally, then you ought to get yourself an arcade cabinet and play it. You barely play Volt as it is and you're always complaining about a lack of characters and how bad it looks. :p

This is also the reason I suspect it doesn't have Retina either. I'd rather have a game that plays better online than just looks pretty. What's the point of a fighting game if you can't play against anyone else?

5. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    First Max Payne.. now this. What an awesome month April has been for iPhone gaming!

Thank you Capcom, cannot wait! Will DL straight away.

6. bighi

bighi Member

Jan 2, 2011
    This is Capcom. They will release a version lacking something (good online multiplayer, maybe). Everybody will buy and then 2 or 3 months later they release a new full-priced version with 10% improvement.

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Marvel VS Capcom 2: Volt or Ultimate MvC2 lol. Still i'm kinda intrigued with this game, kinda missed that "Maximum Spider" combo

8. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I wonder if this includes multiplayer out of the gate, for that price I would hope so

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    For what price?

10. BlaikAwesome

BlaikAwesome Active Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Finally! I've been waiting so long for this game to come to iOS!

11. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    3 more days until we find out

12. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011

Volt is a great game but capcom could improve it, too lag! And We are talking about street fighter and capcom one of the most important software house of the world! I think that capcom is interested only in money.
    Port v

13. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
  14. shinrukuszero

shinrukuszero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    Ok I am ALL for an MVC2 Port to iOS.. however here are my thoughts

sub$10... forget about it
    online multiplayer?... of course not
    iCade support... YOU WISH!

Now although I have my hopes, Capcom is not gonna spend the Namco-ish time with MVC2 to port it over like Soul Calibur did. And also, I am pretty sure the majority of us are SF Players, rather arcade players, or even Volt players, we all know the controls will make or break this game. Now SF Volt, MK, KOF, Soul Calibur, Blades of Fury, none of these fighters has ANYTHING on the speed and pace of MVC2, hell MVC3 has nothing on the pace of MVC2, how the hell is this gonna be accomplished on an iOS device, with the obligatory NO ICADE SUPPORT we have all come to know and love from Capcom, makers of the games the iCade are meant for?

Again, I am hopeful for this, but I am weary of Capcom fkn everything up...

15. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    2 more days :D

16. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Would be hilarious if capcom did iap for this game to unlock characters. Ok not hilarious.

17. VaudooG33k

VaudooG33k Active Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Quebec/Canada
  18. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
  19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    No 3gs love, I'm dying!

20. mooken