Universal The Shadow Sun - (by Ossian Studios Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Your welcome, I did buy all the packs and love the new gear for the different classes!

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ah okay. Thanks.

3. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

No problem. We aren’t planning on adding real-time shadows to the game for now, as it’s not a simple thing to implement properly, and we’re focusing our attention on doing the Android port. But it is still a possibility down the road.

4. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    No matter what I try, I can't defeat the Wolf Monster guy in The Oblong.

5. Alan Miranda

I’ve heard that happen to another player too, who bee-lined directly to the Oblong. Because of that, you miss out gaining experience from doing sidequests, which means fighting the Gnasher can be much harder depending on how you’ve built your character (this situation won’t happen to all character builds). The solution is to leave the Oblong (or reload an earlier save game before the Oblong) and do some sidequests first to gain more experience and better equipment, then return to kick the Gnasher’s butt. :)

6. heathen1983

heathen1983 New Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Good job!I wish more IAP content:longer storyline,new party member and more(no armour & weapon pack plz ),I cannot wait for next work from Ossian studio。:)

7. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Wow. Finally downloaded this at the price drop and it looks amazing. Thanks for the free stuff! Will definitely download a starter pack when I decide which class I like best, probably Mage.

How on earth am I going to manage to play this, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls and MLB The Show and still live my normal life? I'd have to be Dictor Who!

8. Alan Miranda

@iOSimon – Thanks!

@heathen1983 – You’ll eventually find out what we’re working on next. :)

@Rattyfus – To make your decision easier, I’d recommend playing TSS first. ;)

9. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    $2.99 ... Was waiting until I finished Kotor...

10. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Finished playing and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the vast amount of content in the game. I could easily play this game into a completely different way and I think I shall. There were some things I didn't get to do things like get all the meteorium. I hope fora sequel because the story was fantastic and the characters diverse. Sure the graphics weren't groundbreaking but it ran well on my trusty old 4s so I'm happy with that. Overall 4.5/5

11. Alan Miranda

Thanks for the great review, iVaro! I’m glad you liked the game.
    - Alan

12. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I just started and while I like it, my biggest problem is that when I get out of the app, when I come back, it restarts. Meaning if I switch to another app or whatever, the game restarts and if I hadn't saved, all my progress is gone.

13. Alan Miranda

Hi spader623,

Sorry, but I've been unavailable for the last while, so couldn't respond sooner. I’ve seen the issue you describe but very, very rarely.
    We tested every conceivable scenario with interrupting and recovering TSS, such as switching apps, manually turning off the device, letting the device auto-turn off, receiving a call, and having the battery die, etc. They were all fine, so we were left to assume it was a memory management issue with Unity.

Just as a double-check, I tested v1.02 of TSS on my iPad Air and iPod5 for a while now and didn’t see the problem.

But if you’re seeing this happen all the time, that is troublesome. Can you please answer the following questions:
    1) What device are you using?
    2) What iOS version are you using?
    3) Are you running v1.02 of TSS?
    4) Do you have a lot of other apps running in the taskbar? Do you still see the problem if you close all of them and play TSS?
    5) Fragmented memory could also cause problems. When’s the last time you rebooted your device? To reboot it, hold the Power button until you see the "Slide To Power Off" slider. Let go of the Power button, and slide the slider. Wait until it turns off completely, then press the Power button again to turn it back on. Does that help?

Thanks!
    - Alan

14. replicanttheory

replicanttheory Active Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Played game all the way through on a 5c with out crashes, bugs or issues. For me, the strengths in this game lie in the music, atmosphere, lore and looting. Shadow Sun succeeds in creating its own little world with a large background. A nice aspect of the game was a lack of auto-spawning. There is nothing more annoying than playing a game where you can sit and watch enemies appear every 30 seconds from the same spot. I think the developers choice to avoid this added to the experience.

I think think the only complaint or suggestion I have would be to rebalance the combat system to increase difficulty or the strategy needed to take down foes.

This game was a great experience and worth playing... It hints at a possible sequel, I honestly hope they make it.

15. chad_smash

chad_smash New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Played this A LOT a while back, still haven't finished it. Genuinely one of the best games I've played on iOS, keep meaning to get back into it. Plays very well, pretty looking, narrative is good, lots of depth - totally 5* from me

16. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    I didn't played it yet, totally forgot about this game. Thanks for mentioning it :)

17. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Think it may be half-price right now? At least, last time I checked, a couple of weeks ago, it was £5.49, and now it's £2.99. This has been on my radar for some time, and from what I hear, story-wise, it's a good deal more nuanced than Shadowlands, with the brave new addition of grey in its moral colour palette. Looks wonderful to me, in any case. Bought!

18. BlueCrush

BlueCrush New Member

Jun 21, 2014
    It's on sale for a dollar now. Anybody knows how does it performs on iOS 8 as I really wanna grab it. Thanks in advance.

19. Ryan187

Ryan187 Active Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I'd love to know that as well! And how does it look on the iphone 6 Plus?

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    just buy it dude it's only 0.99$
    no brainer right?