Irrupt - space survival endless runner

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by folmerkelly, Oct 2, 2012.

1. folmerkelly

folmerkelly Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Hi, I'm Folmer from Sets and Settings, and we just made our first iOS game. It'll be out on thursday, October 4.

Irrupt is a fast-paced game about a space station that reconfigures itself into separate pieces to avoid an incoming meteor shower, leaving it up to the player to guide the crew from one part of the station to another.

An endless stream of astronauts will float out into the open, exposed to the falling meteors. To avoid getting smashed into pieces, tap and hold anywhere on the screen to stop moving. When you release, the astronaut will boost forward. You can't stay motionless forever; an energy bar will deplete while you hold the touch and once it's drained you'll boost forward automatically. After releasing your touch the energy bar will slowly regenerate. It's a simple control scheme that allows for a nice balance between strategy and twitch reflex gameplay.

[​IMG]

Along the way you can pick up powerups that trigger turrets which can destroy meteors, making things a bit easier if only for a short amount of time. There are 3 different turret types: Tripple Shot, Big Slow Shot, and Laser Beam.

[​IMG]

Other stuff:

* Game Center leaderboards
    * It'll cost $0.99 and have absolutely no in-app purchases
    * It's universal

Here's a trailer we made:
    [hqyoutube]9lywRmY3H5A[/hqyoutube]

And for more information and random game-related ramblings, check out our website / blog: Sets and Settings

If you have any questions please let me know, this game is our baby and we pretty much never shut up about it :)

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Looks pretty cool! So is it out in NZ yet? I didn't see a thread for it in the released games section.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Love those pixel graphics and the trailer was awesome too. Im gonna definitelly check this out.

4. folmerkelly

folmerkelly Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Thanks! Yeah it came out in NZ a couple of hours ago, I figured I'd wait with an official announcement until it was more widely available.

5. Kablermo

Kablermo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Now that's one awesome T-Shirt.