Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Wow dunno what to think of MGS just yet lol, graphics are simply amazing!! One of best Vita Games IMO with Uncharted, i just cant handle the controls!!! Lol anyone else had this issue?? You cant custom them (at least i cant find out how to) you press R1 to goto 1st person then press down on D-pad to draw gun-no cross hair then press O i think to fire, all doing this quick without dropping the Vita and trying to be stealthly :(

Maybe i just suck??

2. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    You aren't the only one, from what I read it's quite common to initially struggle with the controls. I have Peacewalker and the controls are just as fussy, though you do get the hang of it after a while.

You should be able to draw your gun in 3rd person, like Peacewalker, no?

3. mashead2000

Nope :( i have peacewalker too and the controls are far easier lol thats L1 to draw and R1 to fire i think?not played it in awhile tho

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    It's not even that necessary to go into first person. Most of the time, I just sneak up on someone, tell them to freeze, then shoot them. Of course, there are times when you will need to shoot something specific (someone's head, or a laser box, etc) and I do sometimes struggle with it, but it's not that big of an issue.

5. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    In that case I'm glad I decided to go back to PW and complete that rather than buying the HD collection lol.

But I'm sure you'll work the controls out, the reviews have been too high for them to be an issue... perhaps you do just suck :p

6. mashead2000

Haha yeah i must :(

How do u get em to freeze?? Or grab them?
    Peace walker controls seem easier you can grab them choke them and interogate really easily

7. mashead2000

Im on MG3 not MG2

8. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    There are training videos in the options that show you how to do pretty much everything, and yet I'm still struggling to pull them off.

9. mashead2000

Lol yeah just watched those and didnt really help lol, just got a big rifle and it tells u how to put a silencer on but it wont work grrrrr lol

10. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    You don't have to be in first person mode in mgs3 either, just hold square to draw gun, do this behind someone's back to freeze them (pistol, not stuff like ak though). Press down on d-pad if you don't want to shoot.

To grab someone, just hold circle while equipping any cqc-able weapon, even barehand but do check for the "cqc" icon in the equipment box. While holding someone, hold the back of the vita to interrogate them.

You dont have to press the down button to draw gun for pistol type weapon, simply hold square and snake will point his gun.

11. mashead2000

When i press square he just shoots straight away... :s lol

Will play around wen i get home

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Very pleased with the Wipeout DLC it's more like how I imagined enjoying my Vita before I bought it. I liked 2048 but it never felt like a real Wipeout to me there was just something a bit off with the tracks and feel and I think I posted before here before it was my most disappointing game.

I've completely changed my mind now easily the best DLC I've ever bought, I've never played the PS3 version before but it's much more in line with my expectations.
    Only downside is I had to fill my card up with suitable Wipeout style tracks as 2048's tracklist was way to limited.

Modnation Racers is ok also but I have to admit I haven't given it very much of my time as yet or tried to make my own tracks or anything, it's probably worth the £8.99 though.

13. Just realized that there aren't any new Vita releases at all in July. I hope Sony has been saving PS1 support and Vita Game Heaven for this month. Otherwise, it's going to be a long wait until Sound Shapes is released August 7.

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    There's supposed to be several PSN games releasing sometime in the next few weeks, but no dates are actually set- mostly vague estimates. Hoping Strangers Wrath HD comes soon.

15. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I know in MGS2 you have to hold square. Not sure if it's the same in MGS3.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Since there isn't much comming in July I'll probably get the MGS HD Collection, but first I'll have to complete the wipeout DLC.

Looks so amazing.

[​IMG]

17. mashead2000

Just started a beginner website :) please come take a look and give me feedback etc or ideas for new content-still in starting stages so alot of the pages are blank... But will have info on there soon

Check it out:

Http://psvitainfo.weebly.com

18. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Site looks good, nice and clean layout and I already know you're an enthusiast, so I'll have a regular read m8.

btw - No forced advertising, what's the catch with Weebly??

19. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    [​IMG]

As you wanted feedback: I'm not too keen on the site name, sounds a bit like a system overview heading - this isn't helped by lack of a logo, something to distinguish the site.

You have - Playstation Vita Information and PS Vita Information on your homepage... and the URL - Http://psvitainfo.weebly.com I would pick one and keep it uniform anytime you're referring to the site. 'Information' is a long, boring and formal word imo, so I'd stick with 'info'. Personally, I'd also scrap 'Playstation', for 'PS'. (added benefit of matching the URL)

PS Vita Info :)

Where you have the site name + pic of Vita.. site name is already above the tabs, you don't need it twice. This could be a news section with pics linking etc - much like gamespot/ign - on a more simplistic scale - but there isn't anything 'useful' on the homepage as it is now.

If you can, delete 'HOME' (above your welcome blurb), it isn't necessary.

These are just some initial thoughts and nitpicking, I generally like how you've got everything set, it's a great start. :)

20. mashead2000

Hey awesome thanks for that :) was already gonna get rid of 'Home' bit lol, was a bit annoyed cos ps vita world was taken :(

And theres no catch with Weebly! :) weird i know but yeah all free-you need to go premium to add media stuff which sucks but i can always add youtube links i guess

Cheers for input :)