iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Kei90

Kei90 New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Ahaha, actually, I own an iPad and my bro have an iPhone, he have the iap. Wanna buy the iPad version, but because of the high price.. still considering it. Then I saw chaos can tweak it, so if I can try it in iPad.. I can judge whenever to buy or not :p

2. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    So many problems since square enix released two, non-universal apps.

3. bockers

bockers Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Discuss your piracy elsewhere thanks.

4. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Is there anyone here that have a clue? This whole thread seemed to be more focussed on hardware compatibility.

Anyone here actually have some input to the gameplay to answer my previous question?

5. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Anyone can explain what mingle is?
    Too lazy to do some research :p

6. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    There's 3 kinds of PP, Battle PP, Mingle PP and Shutdown PP. Pin evolution depends on the PP the pin has.
    Some pins can only evolve if the majority of the PP is MPP or SDP. Others can evolve into 2 different kinds of pin.

Mingle is when the DS connects to another DS or Nintendo device wirelessly. Mingle PP can only be gotten this way or through "aliens".

You get 1 Shutdown PP per 10 minutes of not playing, you can store 7 days worth of PP.

Only equipped pins get PP.

7. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    This technically isn't piracy, you're allowed to link multiple devices to one iTunes account, which is probably what he's done here.

Modding the .ipa is another wholly different shade of grey :p

8. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    #488 iEdGamer, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Bug!

Found a bug!

Not sure if it's device fault and if someone can verify this.

My 4S crashed whenever I used Konohana Sakuya (Jupiter of the Monkey) pin when fighting some Noises. It was with Pop Pendulum pin equipped.

Someone do verify this. On *W2D4

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, it's bizarre how little discussion there is about the actual game in this thread. :p Most of it is about compatibility.

Considering I've never been the greatest RPG gamer, would someone with extensive experience in TWEWY answer the following question:

Having just reached Day 7 without any hitches, would you say I've basically gotten the gist of the game and will be able to see it through to the end? Like implied above, I don't usually play "deep" games and will always pick an old school platformer over anything else, really...but I haven't been able to put this down, and have honestly been able to understand essentially everything the game has thrown at me over the number of hours I've been putting into the game.

tl:dr version: I'm on Day 7. Do I "get" (understand) the game?

10. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    I really wish there is a specific thread that talks more on the gameplay than some debate that goes on for 30+ pages.

Maybe those that have played the DS version can enlighten us. Or maybe for us who are in the game can have a thread to actually talk about the core gameplay.

To answer your question, getting to Day 7 will pretty much allow you to grasp an understanding of the game that will allow you to finish the game.

But clearly, won't be sufficient if you are looking for better pins; pin evolution methods; best equips; alternate bonuses.

Heck, I'm having a bad time trying to "understand" everything too. But the TWEWY Wikia available on the net will truly help a lot. Do spend some time reading the wikia as it definitely helps a lot. But if you do not want spoilers, just finish the game with whatever you understand and you'll unlock another "chapter" which basically means that you can replay the game without restrictions just like any other typical RPGs. Hope this helps.

11. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    For those of you who would wan to join me for a group chat for TWEWY, do lemme know your nick in LINE.

Will add anyone interested :)

12. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    A message to Square Enix

Great job in alienating people who want to play the game! :)
    I'm excited that another FF game will be released even though it will be some generic and overly expensive game that everyone will forget. I didn't even bother buying that retarded Final Fantasy XIII-2 or Xiii game, Dark souls kicks that series ass anyday. :D

13. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    #493 Bohampscious, Aug 28, 2012
    Mingle PP

Yes, I just opened up the ability to get Mingle PP this morning.

Looks like you trade player cards with friends and you attach your pin set to it to receive Mingle PP. Also looks like there are other rewards for trading cards.

Now, I just need to find some TWEWY friends...

Not sure about aliens yet.

UPDATE: but it still looks like it's bluetooth only. Ugh.

14. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    The iPad version is currently number 40 on the top paid apps list, iPhone version is 107. Both are doing pretty well in top grossing as well, though those lists tend to be dominated by apps with consumable IAPs. At any rate, it looks like the sales numbers are pretty decent, especially on iPad. Not outstanding, but certainly not bad enough to make a particularly strong case against the game's price point. Sure, it would sell more units at a lower price, but it's clearly selling a fair number of units even at this price.

15. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah ,7 dollars is my limit for a game maybe 10 dollars (Ghost trick was an exception) but after seeing this in the app store I clicked buy without even noticing :D

16. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    #496 geoelectric, Aug 28, 2012
    All of you complaining that there's a compatibility discussion are missing the point.

One of the reasons why an iPad is worth the money if you already have an iPhone is that you can reuse iPhone apps on it. That's especially true with the iPad 3, which has the equivalent of RetinaPad built in, so iPhone Retina apps display very clearly.

It's true that in many cases you'll buy an iPad (or universal) version specifically because it works or looks *better*, but the sales pitch and, importantly, Apple's rules for developers makes sure that's a choice and not a requirement.

Square-Enix has broken that compatibility here, and it seems unlikely for it to be an error. This is ripping us off as surely as an IAP paywall on a $5 game, and is just as shady as the company that stole all of Torchlight's assets to make their MMO. In fact, it's shadier than the last one because rather than copying something from one person/company, it's taking functionality from all of us.

And that's worth money, because many of us bought the iPad version instead or in addition to the iPhone version because that compatibility wasn't there. I did, for example, which is why I was outraged when I realized they broke the terms of their developer agreement to make that situation happen.

When a game rips us off like that, discussion about the ripoff is appropriate. It's appropriate regarding IAP, and it's appropriate regarding asset copying, and it's appropriate in this case. The talk of modding has been entirely centered around getting the functionality back that Apple has promised and that, in fact, we've paid for.

For those who feel inconvenienced by that being there for the last several (five or six by my count, not thirty) pages, my apologies. I like the game very much too, and I don't feel at all inconvenienced by your strategy discussion. I was hoping you might find they could co-exist.

But if we've somehow made you feel uncomfortable that we're ripped off, I'm not sorry for that. We just want Square-Enix to play by the rules that were assumed when we dropped hundreds of dollars buying these devices. If you're uncomfortable because they haven't, then that's pretty appropriate too.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright...seriously? Guys...this whole "Squeenix is the devil incarnate and deserves to die because of the iPad lock-out thing" is justified but not in this thread. This is for gameplay discussion and seriously...out of the 50 pages, there's like 5 pages about the actual game. Please, please make a thread for this in the "General" section, because it's becoming increasingly annoying having to go over 20 new pages to find someone talking about the game only to run into...anything but discussion about the game itself. :/

18. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    To my knowledge, this forum's for any conversation specific to the game, save the exceptions in the forum rules. General is for conversation not specific to a particular game.

If a mod tells me otherwise, I'll be happy to start a new thread. At any rate, I've pointed out the issue and said my piece, but my understanding of what goes where doesn't match yours.

19. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah take a look at the street fighter IV-volt thread it's got over 3000 pages and I'm sure not all of them are about the game play

20. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    While there's no hard and fast rule about this, it's becoming increasingly clear that this thread has gone off the rails. There is VERY little about actual gameplay here, and if someone were to want to find it, they would have to sort through a lot of at best tangentially related comments to get it. I think that further comments about iPad lockout issues would be better off in a dedicated thread in the general comments section.