iWrath (new take on Pocket God, or ripoff?)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 23, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #1 arta, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    [hqyoutube]CJNzKvfMKvw[/hqyoutube]

2. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

looks pretty ok >:l

3. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    That sounds like a ringing endorsement ;)

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Umm....
    Pocket God All the WAY!!!! PG FTW!!!!

PG will always be that best and orginal

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good. But I don't think it is at all a rip-off of Pocket God. It is a completely different app. From the looks of the video, this app is about experimenting with different combinations of machines. Pocket God is completely different, it is about playing with pygmies. Although I can see why you think it is similar. And anyway, you have to remember, there have always been plenty of "do-what-you-want-to-this-guy" games way before Pocket God was even created.

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    These days, "rip off" is a relative term because so many game elements are used and then re-used by others. TV shows are a good example. That's why it's a good idea to always judge games by their own merits as a standalone.

7. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    That's not PG in any way. It looks fun though

8. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    That does look really interesting. Sounds very nerdy with what he's calling some of the levers and pulleys :p

9. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    #9 crimson., Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    1. Looks ... IMO.

2. Why can't someone just make Interactive Buddy?!?!?!?!?!

10. beteogames

beteogames Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Hi all! It's Brad from Beteo Games. Hey I really appreciate all the feedback both good and bad. The funny thing about our app is that we really hadn't even heard of Pocket God when we started working on it. LBG hit the nail on the head with our app. It's more about experimenting with the various combinations of levers, buttons and wheels to see what crazy things happen. Thanks again for your feedback! We're excited to release it! :)

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    ^Hey, you made it! Good show.

Looking forward to see how this game diffrenciates itself from the pack.

12. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    BTW I like the pre beta shot...the one in grey in the site, the whole schematic looked awesome. Now it kindas looks...cheap...

13. beteogames

beteogames Member

Apr 24, 2009
    That's great feedback. It's funny you bring it up. We were debating that very same thing after it was textured. Hmmmmm. We'll see maybe it's something we'll change before it's finished. Thanks!

14. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    1) I'd consider changing the people you mess with to something bigger or better yet, a new character
    2) Don't go too crazy on the technical names of the dials and such

15. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I believe there something on the Internet similar to this one with the same name iWrath. It was something of the same idea except with stick figures or something like that. Wonder if this was the same thing as this one?

16. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looks pretty interesting. Personally, I like the goofy technical names of the levers. Wouldn't want to ever have to document them, but they sound cool :) I think it will get kind of annoying having to flip the lever every time you want a new creature, but that's probably just me.

17. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I also like the names. Especially since the game has a "goofy" appeal to it. You wouldn't want names like Lever 1, or Gear 3. Sounds plain and boring.

The thing that doesn't really fascinate me is you are limited to only doing what the lever combinations let you do. There is no actual interaction (judging from the video) and everything is scripted. This may detract from the user on a personal level with the game... imo.