Super Feed Me (Nitrome)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ABetterBadger, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ABetterBadger

ABetterBadger Member

May 26, 2009
  2. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    That looks epic. On the blog it says coming later this year. good. because i have WAY to many unfinished games.

3. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    insant buy

4. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Wow! This looks awesome! I'll be waiting for this one.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    that does look really cute

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

dammit. of all their games, they chose this one. i really wanted one of their platformers to be ported :(

(e.g. toxic, toxic 2, headcase, final ninja, final ninja zero, frost bite, frost bite 2 etc.)

7. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Yeah, I'm seeing an insta-buy in my future. Will be all over this as soon as it's out. Now I just need to finish a game on my touch and delete it to make room. Already added half a dozen screens for storing apps - need to delete stuff rather than add more.

8. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Wow... really. A big fan of pixel art here, but this is something better. It seems to have personality...:D

9. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Doodlebugs FTW!

10. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
  11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    From the video (and from playing the Flash version on the Nitrome site) I would say that Super Feed Me is a platformer, just not a traditional one. My guess is that they chose this particular game to port because the one-touch controls are pretty much perfect for the iPhone -- especially compared to something like Final Ninja Zero, which is tough to navigate even with a keyboard and mouse.

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, sorry i didnt make myself clear enough. yeah, i just wuldve preferred the other platformers thay'd made, though i do understand this would be the best game to bring to th iphone as it makes the most sense (one tap controls mainly)

13. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
  14. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
  15. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    maybe this will put hook champ on sale! :D

16. boospengi

boospengi Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Wow, really? This was one of my favorite flash games ever, and from the looks of it, this will be even better.

17. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

18. NitromeMat

NitromeMat New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Hi everyone this is Mat Annal here from Nitrome who are developing Super Feed Me. I just wanted to let you all know that we are following this thread so if you have feedback please do feel free to share....we are listening :) I'm away at GDC at the moment so I might not be as active here as I can be once I get back but I'll do my best to add comments.

To everyones comments on why we chose Feedme rather than one of our other platform games or Final Ninja......We really wanted to make a game that felt natural on the iphone/ipod so we wanted to avoid virtual dpads.

I also wanted to just point out that although you can all play the original game that this is based on this really has been redesigned from the ground up so you really shouldn't expect it to be that similar. Although the core concept may be the same the level of polish and the execusion of the idea is far far better than we were capeable of back when we made the original. There are also a few parts that are different between the games....for example we decided to ditch the idea of extending the reach of the neck through eating insects as we didn't think it added much to the original game.

oh and the game is not built using the Flash CS5 to Iphone stuff (it's all C++ and Objective C).

19. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    first of all welcome to toucharcade
    i am totally with you on this point
    better a game that uses the ipod specifics than another virtual dpad game (also they are often great too)