iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. abstractcolors215

abstractcolors215 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    USA
    Mine too!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oD

I'm also in that club...

One of the first games I put on my 6S was FFT... and even though I only have a 16GB, and still have the game on my old iP5, it's never getting X'd. It's one of the maybe 5 games that I could dump hundreds of hours into and still want to play over and over again.

I wish more FF plots were like this...

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Likewise, forevah and evah. I just wish I could move my saves somehow. I'd gladly purchase this again to keep playing on my shiny new iPad Pro.

4. SnowyRed

SnowyRed New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Can anyone tell me how well this runs on an iPhone 6?

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Does anybody know if the disclaimer in the app description disqualifies this for a refund if it doesn't work?

6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Not sure but it seems to run on my iPhone 6S with 9.0.2 installed if that helps?

Not at home so can't try until later but anyone know if this runs in proper resolution on iPad or is it 2x upscale shenanigans? I see there's a separate iPad version but obviously don't want to pay twice if I don't have to.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't think it's a universal app, so I would guess 2x. I have both apps, so I've never tried playing this one on both devices. And it's running on latest iOS for me.

The app warning has happened on the TA app too, but both seem to work fine. Seems like a needless warning. If you're using a device that runs the latest iOS, there probably won't be any slowdown on apps made to utilize older iOS versions.

8. Procco

Procco New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Just got this for both my iPad (Air 2) and iPhone (5s) and it's working great on both...and the price was right. I had a frustrating time getting the cloud save to work, but then I figured out you have to actually play through the first part until you can create a save on both devices to be able to access the cloud save. There really should be an easier way to do that, or at least some instruction that it's necessary. I was pulling my hair out trying to get it working! Anyway, hope my frustration will save someone else a bit of headache.

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I hope they update this game!!

10. jeff123816

jeff123816 New Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Final Fantasy Tactics unplayable on iOS 11? 32 bit only

So Final Fantasy Tactics has nevertheless been updated. Ios 11 does not support 32 bit apps. Does anyone know if Square is planning to update this game for iOS 11?

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Got a good feeling either they won't ever update it since they earned all the money they can from it. Or it'll be updated really late after iOS 11 is out. But don't expect anything speedy. If it happens it's just a happy coincidence.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    My understanding is that when iOS 11 is released, all 32bit apps and games will be removed from the App Store.
    Even if you have the game on your device, when you install iOS 11 the game simply won't even open!

The only way you can keep playing a 32 bit game when iOS 11 is released is to have it installed on a device that you will never upgrade to iOS 11.

That's what I am currently doing. I have over 500 games that are 32bit. I have put on my old iPad 3, which can never have the iOS updated, all the 32bit games I can fit.
    Huge games like FFTtWotL have to be left on my iPad Pro and that won't be updated to iOS 11.

It's a major pita if you have a ton of (really good and expensive) 32bit games that still play great.
    If CrApple really cared about their consumers I am sure they could have implemented some sort of backward capability for older games in iOS 11, heck even Bill Gates allowed that in Windows 7.

13. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    So SE dropped this game to half price... without the 64bit support. Doesn't seem very right to me. (disclaimer: I had already bought this game on iPad). Really hope they keep this game alive on iOS...

14. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Just sent a support ticket to SE about that game and making the update,knowing that this game is insanely hard to find,losing the ios version is rude,need to search a old PSP version instead to play it,not nice.

15. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Saw this is on sale, but also that people complain of the game freezing on them. Wish SE would get their shit together.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    If it makes any difference, I haven't experienced such issues with a 6S/iOS 9 or on my iP5/iOS 7...

17. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, bear in mind that FF Tactics has been on iOS about five or six years now, back when people were playing on MUCH older hardware. I've been playing FFT:WotL pretty solidly for about six or seven weeks now on an iPhone 6 and had not a single crash, freeze or blip. it's a flipping brilliant game.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #1038 stubbieoz, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Quick question.
    In my party roster I have ten characters but I only use five of them.
    Can you dismiss characters from the party roster menu?

I cannot find an answer on the net and there seems to be no "dismiss or delete character" option in any of the menu's.

Thanks in advance. #

edit:
    Found it.
    Party Roster, highlight character, then go to the menu button on the bottom left hand side of the screen.
    I was to busy tapping on all the screens in the main screen to realise the menu button had become active.

19. JohnPro

JohnPro New Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Is this remastered version of FF Tactic on PS1?

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This is a ported version of the PSP game.