I need a football game, PES 11 or FIFA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TotallyImba, Dec 22, 2010.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Taking into consideration that PES 11 got an update, its getting a lot of good reviews, but no commentary and unofficial teams us a downer.

Those of you that have both, which do you prefer and why?

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

FIFA 11, hands-down. The gameplay is so much better and more realistic. PES 2011 feel too... plasticy and linear. That's the worst description I could use for a football game, but it doesn't feel natural.

I've got both, and absolutely love football. Also, despite PES 2011's latest retina update, FIFA 11 is still tastier to the eyes.

3. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    i have neither, but i can recommend flick kick football. not a sim. not even a team game. but if you're a fan, it's brilliant.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    FIFA 11 for sure. The graphics are a lot nicer and the gameplay is faster paced and more fun. Plus there's commentary and plenty of official teams.

5. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    FIFA 11 for the reasons LBG listed above.

6. donner

donner Well-Known Member

FIFA 11 is Much better in every way.

7. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I have PES 2010 and Fifa 11.
    Being mindful that the comparison you requested is with PES 2011, take this with a pinch of salt, but Fifa 11 was like a breath of fresh air compared to PES 2010.
    It really is about the atmosphere and emotional experience of playing Fifa that compelled me to delete PES 2010. The way it shows off the stadiums impresses me more. The commentary really is top notch, and even seeing the player's names on the shirts really makes a difference for me.
    On gameplay, Fifa 11 is alot more interactive. You can play the standard way of passing the ball by directing the virtual D-pad (which can now be configured to be floating), or you can now also tap the player you want to pass to, which seems totally intuitive to me on a touchscreen. This will be even better on the iPad with the larger screen. On defense, you can also tap who you want to control, rather than only controlling the nearest player.
    The only negatives would be no Champions League, since that's exclusively licensed to PES but in return, you get the local leagues of the major football nations, even Brazil's leagues! Oh, and no Manager Mode, but that's the same for PES 2010 too. (not sure about 2011).
    PES 2010 in comparison seems only a so-so game now. Even before I experienced fifa 11, the game seemed too ordinary, and nothing really that spectacular. Functional, workman-like, gets the job done. But with Fifa, you'll get to really whoop out in the waiting room or cringe at how you hit the bar twice on the attack and got stung on the counterattack. That's what happened to me, and my wife had to nudge me to keep quiet!

8. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    I can only concur with the other posts. FIFA 11 is a tip top game as far as I'm concerned and is right up there with Real Racing as the one of the best sports game on the App Store today. Personally, I really liked PES10 and when I saw PES11 go on sale ($3.99/£2.39) and get a Retina Display update, I snapped it up. Oh dear, what a mistake to make! PES11 is one of the very few games that is actually worse than its predecessor. What a shame. My advice is avoid PES11 like the plague and give FIFA 11 the nod, which incidentally is far and away better than FIFA 10 and FIFA 10 World Cup. It's a solid 9/10 game for me. Have fun!

9. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    FIFA 11 of course!! I own both games BTW. It's the most realistic soccer/football game so far in the app store. If you're a hardcore gamer, you might be a little disappointed that EA didn't include important features( to me) such as be a manager mode, be a pro and other features. From time to time, you might experience the controls not responding but that is bearable. Currently it's also 99 cents, so that is a good bargain. PES 11, I don't even want to talk about it. I have been disappointed twice already. I don't know, you might enjoy PES 11 if you're not looking for PSP graphics level with akward gameplay. Let us know which one you bought!

10. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    This thread makes me wish I had a newer device.

I'm stuck with X2 Soccer 2010, and this thing is just way too easy. I remember once I restarted Dream Team, and beat England 5-1 with all my crappy players. On Expert. :\

11. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Pick your poison:

X2 2010
    - too easy, mediocre graphics (if they matter a lot to you)
    +good controls, gameplay, passing, decent commentary

PES 2011
    -no skill/evade moves, no commentary, worst controls of the three IMO
    +good graphics, decent gameplay

FIFA 2011
    +great commentary, good graphics, decent controls
    -not as smooth/fluid as the above two - but overall a great game

12. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong