The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well, as expected, Trials Evolution is immense. Mandatory purchase for anyone who uses their Xbox to have fun ;)

Unfortunately the Leaderboards imploded last night. I hope it's back up and running today!

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I purchased Trials Evo and downloaded it over night last night. I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight!

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    New machines for Pinball Arcade should be out some time in May. Hopefully sooner rather than later. This according to Farsight's post on Facebook.

4. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Anyone play Kinect Sports season 2? I'm looking for some tips on the types of swings you can do in tennis. I know how to add power to my shots and do a slice, but I'm particularly interested in topspin. I don't seem to have the motion down correctly. I get the topspin I want probably 1 out of 3 tries. Also, is aiming the same way as its done in WiiSports, in that a late swing shoots the ball right and an early swing sends it left?

I think its a pretty good tennis mini game, although I think you have a little more control over the ball in WiiSports. That may be up for debate in a few more days as I get more accustomed to the Kinect's way of playing though.

Thanks

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I have it, but haven't played the tennis much, so am not sure. I've mostly played the darts, which I find fun for some reason. I wish there were more darts games to choose from, though. I also like some of the mini games. The only sport I really didn't care for was baseball, mainly because the fielding was so incredibly stupid. LOL.

6. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I actually gave darts a go last night for about an hour. Once you dial in the method for aiming/throwing its really quite brilliant. I've tried darts on the wii and it was nowhere near as playable as Kinect sports' implementation.

Dunno if you noticed, but when your opponent is is up, you can wave your arms around at the moment they draw their hand back and their eyes will glance back at you lowering their accuracy. I actually relied on this in my last game before bed, haha

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Ha! No I hadn't noticed that. Funny. I enjoy playing it online. But one thing I don't like is how it defaults to doing voice chat. I usually don't want every conversation in our house going out over Live. LOL. So make sure you check that setting. Plus the setting is confusingly worded, as I recall. I suggest choosing the option regardless. If it doesn't say anything when you try to do that then it was ON, not OFF, and thus you've just turned it off. If it was OFF, then choosing the option will warn you before turning it ON.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Trials Evolution is soooo good. Finally got to play tonight and had to make myself stop - didn't want to. Such a huge amount of value for your dollar. I expect to be unable to count the number of hours of play I'll get out of it. Highly, highly recommended. Grab the demo and try it.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3709 backtothis, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Just finished GoW2. I like how you got to ride on everything. Game looked incredible as usual. Took three sittings just like the other 2 games. Pretty fun series overall, but the firefights eventually get dull. They storyline makes sense now. It's pretty weak and shallow, but that's okay. I think I largely prefer the combat in ME3. Going to pass on replaying GoW3. Might spend some time with the multiplayer in it eventually though. First series I've finished on the 360, lol. Going to try to get through Dark Souls and Mortal Kombat next time. If I get too tired/frustrated of Dark Souls, I'll probably start Kingdoms of Amalur. Going to save ME and ME2 for the summer. Haven't really played much 360 in the past month or so.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    GoW3 campaign was fun with friends. That's the way to play it. But I haven't touched it much since. I'm thinking of trading it in along with some other stuff to Gamestop as they have a 50% bonus promo going on (if you use the credit to buy a used product. I'll just grab some random 99 cent sports game).

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, I played quite a bit of the GoW3 campaign with my gf during Winter Break. Definitely a better experience than beating GoW and GoW2 alone. They had an awesome trade-in deal just a few weeks back. You got 50% extra for trading in any game. Got 50%-75% back on almost 10 games (Arkham City, Starfox 64 3D, etc). Used that money to buy a shitload of new games and a 3DS for the gf.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3712 backtothis, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    The Dragon's Dogma demo is now out. Might be the first one I'll try. I think I'll start doing that now before buying games. Lots of stuff I want to check out on Live. I feel like everything I've bought in the past 4 months or so since getting a 360 have been worth it though.

Edit: I think I know what my next purchase for the 360 is going to be: the 3 Dragon Age games. They appear to be exactly the kind of RPG I'm looking for.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Decided to play some MK9. Haven't touched it since starting it a few weeks ago. Some of the fights in this game are just ridiculously unfair. Took me so many tries to get through all of chapter 5, which is the end of Act I. To say the least, the storyline is as bad as it gets, lol. I don't know anyone who plays fighters for the campaign though, so meh. Guess I'll go ahead and finish the game in the coming week before returning to..Dark Souls.

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I actually liked the storyline, it was cheesy as hell but what are you gonna do when the core material is so ridiculous to begin with.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3715 backtothis, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    If you say so! I really like how the game looks and sounds though. The voice-overs aren't anything special, but the sound effects during fights are great. I'm at the end of Chapter 11 right now, which is probably also the end of Act II. I can't beat Shao Kahn even on the easiest difficulty. This is such an unfair fight that it really isn't funny..at all.

Edit: Looks like turning down the difficulty did the job. Just kept on blocking low and doing the basic combo whenever I got taunted. I thought the story had been ridiculous so far. Act III, the last one, takes it to another level. Good stopping point for the day.

16. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Anyone else get into the Hybrid beta? It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Also has the best King of the Hill mode I've played in a game.

17. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I have, and it's great. I haven't played the first one, but reading the plot synopsis online brought me up to speed sufficiently. Just make sure you read the game manual and look up a beginner's guide or two, just to help you get a handle on how the game works.

18. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah I've never raged harder at a boss fight before. It's nearly impossible.

19. Chopper12

Chopper12 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Anyone here play NHL Arcade 3 Vs. 3? Best game ever. If you do. Pm your gamer tag and lets play!

20. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah It's great. Played 4 or 5 matches. If anyone is interested in it gamespot might still be handing out codes