Universal Hunters 2 - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Questions

Still loving this game, finished campaign 8 times. Was pleased to get legendary armour -Zealot Suit - on last pay through. Thought there were only legendary weapons!

Appreciate if anyone can help with some guidance here to help me sleep at night!

1) The stats on the Armoury screen don't add up for me on any Hunter :

Example :
    Kills 659

Human 280
    Alien 366
    Reactors 11
    This equals 657, so something else must be included. Any ideas?
    Maybe game doesn't include double kills (from exploding aliens) or when you kill your own team members?

2) There is a stat "Leaders Killed".
    This is zero on all my Hunters.

To Devs - any updates coming soon please??!!

2. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    So I own the first game but never really invested myself in it. Seeing the buzz the game is getting on the thread I figured I might go back and give it a shot. My question (and I am sure the answer is already buried in the thread somewhere) is this: should I get the new one or just go back and play the first? I know the reviews said that the new one is not much different from the first.

Thanks in advance

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I haven't noticed any problems with Second Chance, but I've never used a hammer with it. I don't see why that would be an issue, though.

Get the new one. It's great; better than the original in every way. There's no reason at all at this point to play the old one.

4. phrenik

phrenik Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Nurse
    City of Coffee
    Regarding the accuracy, you may just have had a bad luck stroke. Sometimes I'll go without missing for ages then it misses like 6 in. Row.

I must say I do like the variety. Instead of beefing my team with survival combat or combat scout, having one of each is fun. Albeit I have not leveled another set to 10. Just the core 6. Using 2 shotties, 1 rifle guard, 1 tank( this is the char people say is broken due to last stand and the hp gains etc) I leave it as a tank with a hammer to keep the range and ap down because of how buff it is. I feel this allows enough self restraint :).

I havnt tried using the rocket, or sniper or flame thrower - go figure those are the legendaries they give me - how are they in actual use? Are they as surprisingly good as the plasma gun? With combat and scout using the plasma gun is so aces and fun lol. But I kind of see the others being kind of capped by that ap count.

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    The sniper's an absolute murderer, even at low levels with low quality weapons. I often take two on contracts.

The rocket launcher is effective once you've leveled up, but highly specialized. It's hard to use effectively, and really only useful on a handful of maps. Plus, on hardcore, it's a bit too dangerous. And as far as I can tell, the explosion doesn't seem to affect enemies you can't see. I assume this is a bug, since the other explosions will damage untriggered enemies.

The flamethrower is a lot of fun. Its longer range and perfect accuracy make it a nice alternative to the shotgun. On my first game, I found a rare flamethrower early, and he ended up three levels above everyone else on the team.

I don't play with the plasma gun. In hardcore, its biggest value is neutered by the fact that you have to leave your man exposed. Not a good trade, in my book.

6. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Thank you, downloading it now :) I'm easy... haha

7. Captainslow

Captainslow Member

Mar 24, 2012
    So there isn't a story line to follow? The labels 1 and 2 (eg. Hunters 1, Hunters 2) don't really have any significance other than ordering the games?

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    There wasn't any campaign in the first one, so don't worry. :)

9. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Saw someone playing this last week on the train ride home, looked so great I picked it up right when I got home. A really fun game here, having a blast so far!

10. DannyWalkman

DannyWalkman Active Member

Mar 29, 2012
    #270 DannyWalkman, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Hey guys. I've been enjoying this game since it's release. It's my favorite genre, my favorite top-down angle (the best way to play on a mobile device, IMHO), my kind of graphics and realism (even if it's the future, they're not mutants or animals or anime, and all the weapons, except for plasma gun, are not very future'ish, which again - i like).
    Even the episode one got my strong attention, but this time i made notes. Notes with bugs and suggestions. I'm still reading this topic (now halfway through) too see of i missed anything, and after reading everything i'll send an e-mail to them with every piece of suggestion that i've gathered, and of course thanking them for all their hard work (or maybe not as hard as we want) in creating this (maybe one day) masterpiece.

Did someone send them any bugs/suggestions? Anyone got any replies?

11. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    And what were you doing snooping around other peoples phones, and watching their screens? You need to get your nose out of other peoples business! One day, your nose is going to go right into a pile of moose poo, I can guarantee that.

(jk)

12. DannyWalkman

Mar 29, 2012
    #272 DannyWalkman, Apr 18, 2012
    I agree with you. The legendaries are the one thing that keep me repeating the campaign over and over. But i think i would enjoy more repeating 2 campaigns over and over instead of just one.
    One thing i don't particularly enjoy (anymore), is that during campaign all the enemies are in the same places, so you know exactly what you're going into. They might as well remove the shadows completely, or scan for heat signatures permanently. For example, i'm passing through chapter 7 without taking any damage, and in my books - that's boring. A scenario where enemies are randomly positioned is a scenario where signature scanner would work.

And on another: I'm also 100% for raising the level cap. It's pointless arguing, they'll do it anyway. For a general player, more is better. And that general player doesn't care as much for "perfect strategy", as for maxing everything out and moving to another game. My suggestion would be to lock the level cap to 10, until you reach 100hrs of playing, or complete the second campaign, so you'll have lots of opportunities to try everything.

13. DannyWalkman

Mar 29, 2012
    #273 DannyWalkman, Apr 22, 2012
    By the way, this is what happens after you complete the campaign more than 11 times and collect every legendary piece.

[​IMG]

14. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    the game is really pretty...and it has great bones. But, i feel like it has the framework for something much grander than it is. I'm not sure i've played all it has to offer. But, assuming I have, i'm a little discouraged based on its promise. a very short campaign which can be completed in a couple of hours. very limited customization. If it expands, maybe i'll change my mind. But, this feels like a 1.99 or 2.99 game to me. Or maybe i've just been spoiled by battle for wesnoth.

15. carol carter

carol carter Member

May 21, 2012
    Incredible graphics and sound; great interface; deep character customization; fun missions

16. Ucross

Ucross Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Has anyone gotten any responses on a fix to the last stand retribution bug? Also, does the +10% hp gain after each turn bug out last stand as well?

17. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I kind of like the bug, it forces you to keep killing enemies or die. And the 10% regen talent won't help, as last stand has you die right when you end your turn, before the regen would take effect.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Picked this up last night when I saw the price drop.
    And while I didn't really enjoy the first game this is really good. They've changed enough of it to make it easier to use and more importantly more fun.
    Can't believe I waited this long to pick it up.

19. kismetologist

kismetologist New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    my favorite game!!! hope to see the hunters 3!))

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You (and the sale) just sold me on it :) Buying!