Universal Dark Incursion (By Big Blue Bubble)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 20, 2011.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Did you by chance also invited them to the forum?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Nope, writing the Email now... Should I?

3. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Why not? This forum will be highly beneficial for the devs.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Thing is, the only contact I could find is Big Blue Bubble. On their website the game is still "In development" and for the life of me I can't find who the actual developers are.

Oh wait, they had a thread here, I'll check that...

5. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Hmm...saw the screenshots and thought, "Looks great...but also looks too good to be true..." I thought after reading some impressions they'd sound a lot like what people are saying unfortunately. I just had a hunch that poor controls would do this one in (for now). Hopefully a controls update fixes this and all could be well.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The video and screenshots are brilliant. Really hoping new controls are introduced in a quick update, and that this one won't be quickly buried. Will grab it as soon as an update is out.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If the controls were to be fixed, this would be one of my top games of the week.

8. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This. I was so disappointed by this thread, simply because it kind of burst my "excitement bubble" about this game due to the controls.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It really is a shame, because behind the controls is an AWESOME game... But playing it makes me feel like crying sometimes. ;_;

I'll keep you guys updated if any news come up about it...

10. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I hate to say this but I really wish the controls were fixed so I could justify purchasing some IAP!

Dood the animation in the game is awesome... it's freaking fluid and stylish, just like Castlevania. Though I still wish there was a Castlevania game for iOS so I could lv up, collect equipment and enemy souls (all of which this game lack).

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    What sort of IAP does this game have exactly? I'm willing to try the controls for myself, but the IAP is putting me off a lot more.

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Scroll down or go back a page. I dedicated a post to it.

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh. my. god. I swear I just shot an enemy's bullet and they destroyed each other.

It happened so quickly and purely accidentally, but if I can do it again, this game will be elevated to a status of pure awesome.

14. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    thanx for all the impressions guuys..i wish i played it first though...ill admit im the type of dude that buys great looking games first then throws them back in cyberspace to linger....hopefully i will enjoy this and not look for the flaws mentioned...the IAP sucks but what can ya do...i wasnt expecting that for a 3 dollar game...also the controls........sob sob...anyhow all i know is when i saw this...SOLD castlemetroid with boobies in a futuristic steampunk setting......OYEAH

15. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #35 gunxsword, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    !
    Holy ^%!@ you're right!

Oh dammit, you made me startup the game again! The controls keep irritating me!!!

Oh how much I want to enjoy this game...

*Edit: the joystick will not activate right after a press of any button. No wonder I can't crouch right after shooting. And echo, does your joystick refuse to let you face the enemy or crouch when you're under fire? I think my joystick hates me...

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Sorry, I should have clarified, I read it but it was a little hard to follow.

To clarify:

The game uses consumable IAP to upgrade character abilities?

How is the gameplay experience affected should one decline to purchase any?

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just wanted to echo the general sentiment. There's a very cool game here, but the controls have been utterly, tragically botched. It's baffling because the publisher has a lot of experience on the platform, and this is really not that complicated.

Here's hoping for a quick overhaul in an update...

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #38 Echoseven, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    You're pretty much thrown fuses all over the place. Especially if you put in the tiniest effort in exploration - then you can find the most powerful ones even early on. Hell, I found the best sword upgrade behind a cannon on one of the first screens of the game. Yes they're temporary, but they stack up to 9 and so far I haven't been using many. The IAP is no bother at all.

I found that you can't move after you jump - so unless you're running forward you'll jump vertically. I actually found a decent workaround - since the joystick breaks your crouch, lift up your finger and then swipe down. Sure it's not the most elegant solution and doesn't help when I have to do it quickly - like if an enemy appears immediately off-screen - but if I anticipate the attacks it works pretty well.

19. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Ah no. It uses premium currencies which are then used to purchase those buff items which are dropped or found throughout the game.

I consistently receive one random fuse (read: buff item/effect) in every single section. So yeah, it doesn't, really.

20. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Ah what the hell. I stuck with the game for a while and I must admit, the controls aren't bothering me as much as I first started (but still could be a lot better).

Now I kinda 'create' a new joystick after every joystick action. So like, I no longer transition from moving into crouch. Instead, I stop moving and quickly slide vertically down on the screen to crouch, and I release my finger once again to regain movement. This applies to changing directions as well.

The end results is, a somewhat cumbersome control scheme (or method), but nonetheless makes the game playable. However, the game is still not fully enjoyable.

Point being made, enemies and a semi-boss before the 3rd save room (Castlevania anyone!? Full heals upon use) are pretty easy and require no deft fingerwork so I guess I can play the game (albeit uncomfortably) until the controls are smoothed out.