Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Very interesting mix of Crystal Castle and Q*Bert.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hypocrypha, thanks a ton for updating your review in the App Store. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you are now enjoying the game on your iPhone 5s.

Everyone: Please keep the feedback coming on the controls! I'm curious whether people are having a better experience with or without the on-screen buttons, or if there are any actions you find tricky to perform.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I just took a chance on this. Its nice, and after trying it with the left button option, like it much better. The no button option is not responsive in the way that is expected. That would need some tweaking. But otherwise, lot of potential, and hopefully if it takes off, more levels in the future.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I agree with buttons turned on it's far better. Still needs a bit of tweaking or perhaps the hit areas to be larger. Love the graphics and the gameplay. It's like a good q*bert style game
Old 08-04-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Studios View Post
Hypocrypha, thanks a ton for updating your review in the App Store. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you are now enjoying the game on your iPhone 5s.

Everyone: Please keep the feedback coming on the controls! I'm curious whether people are having a better experience with or without the on-screen buttons, or if there are any actions you find tricky to perform.

You're welcome
Old 08-04-2014, 11:10 PM

The first screen looks like an exact copy of the first level of Crystal Castles...
Old 08-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrypha View Post
I don't delete my reviews and I don't like being asked to do so, I'm a little offended. The controls need work AS EXHIBITED BY THE VIDEO ON PAGE ONE of this thread. My experience was legit, I'm not a noob gamer and I go back to QBert as well (which is coming to ios I might add, tho this game had much more to it and is very much it's own). And I know ios devices and trouble shooting. Regardless, I DID however UPDATED my review.
As you'll see, I gave it 5Stars on the INTERNATIONAL /American iTunes Store.
But I'll keep it at 4 stars here until YOU update. And now I shall BUMP your games thread on the TA list for you by hitting enter.
They were referring to it not working on iPhone 5S (which is clearly not true). Your iOS device and troubleshooting skills appear questionable at best. The request was completely legitimate, although you should have updated without having to be asked.

Lose the attitude.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:52 AM

Gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-30-2014, 03:19 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default More gameplay

That gameplay video is a little odd to me. The player seems to be tapping the screen buttons rather than just pressing to move along the path. I wouldn't want viewers to get the impression that the game requires that kind of repetitive input. Although you can certainly play that way if you prefer.

Here's another gameplay video I found on YouTube for comparison.

Youtube link | Pop Up

By the way, if you are is Seattle for PAX you can find Skyling: Garden Defense on display at the OUYA booth. I'll also be just up the street from PAX at the Seattle Indie Expo on Monday, Sept 1st showcasing the game there. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello! [url]http://six.seattleindi.es/[/url]