Pro Beach Volleyball by iBall Games: Video Trailer and Full Description

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iballgames, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 iballgames, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
    [​IMG]

I posted a very old beta video a few weeks back -- but we now have the official game trailer video, so I wanted to post that for you. Plus we have the official game description. The game has been submitted to iTunes, so hopefully we are looking at an official mid-September release. This version will be going for $1.99. Enjoy and comments/feedback are welcome!

[hqyoutube]WgiKRUNQF1s[/hqyoutube]​

Here is the description:

Application Name: Pro Beach Volleyball

Application Description:
    Pile on the sunscreen and hit the sand for Pro Beach Volleyball. You’ll feel, hear and live the excitement of beach volleyball played by the best pros in the business. It's easy to play and fun for the whole family. If you like Madden, Real Soccer 2009 or Real Tennis 2009, this game’s a must-play. Buy it now and get free updates.

AMAZINGLY REAL
    You’re on the beach in Mexico and California in full 3D. The sun’s out and the crowds are stoked. Every time you score, the fans go wild and the camera zooms out for a high-altitude flyby.

AWESOME MOVES
    Motion capture, real-life ball control, true physics and artificial intelligence make the players and the ball move like the real thing—not just pixels on a screen. The action’s non-stop, the original soundtracks and multiple camera angles put you in the middle of it all.

TOTAL CONTROL
    Fast, accurate controls give you total mastery of your players’ every move—and the unique intuitive design never blocks your view of the action. Bump, set, power spike and grind the other team into the sand.

VIDEO COACHING
    Instead of boring help screens, we've included videos let you master the skills you need to win—from basic to advanced. Step up your game as you move from amateur to pro.

iBallGames are industry vets who’ve created amazing titles for the biggest platforms, including Xbox®, PS3®, PC and Wii®. This experience enables us to pack an unbelievable level of realism, speed, fun and excitement into every one of our games. Check out iballgames.net for updates, upcoming games, fan information, screenshots and videos. Follow us on Twitter at @iballgames and fan us on Facebook.

LANGUAGES: English

REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch, Requires iPhone OS 2.1 or later

2. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Looks awesome, from the video clip, though it only shows female players. Are there or will there be any male characters, in future updates?

3. #3 iballgames, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    We'll have male players in the upcoming Gold version -- more courts and more action!

4. Thanks admin for the video set up!

5. tiagosantolas

tiagosantolas Member

Aug 23, 2009
    So you can't move the players?

6. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Does this mean you have decided not to do a free version?

So the former free version is now $1.99 and the gold version will be released later for more? Or will the gold version in a purchasable in game add-in?

I don't mind paying for this as it look really good, but I don't want to pay for one version now and then pay again for an updated version. In that case I would probably just wait for the gold version.

Michael

7. We never intended to have a free version (sorry) but we wanted to offer a great game a reasonable price, but to answer a few questions:

1. You can move the players with the controls
    2. The Gold version will have more courts, male players, controls, and several other features.

8. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    That's ok. I thought it was free because in your first post you talked about it as a "lite" version and I must have jumped to that conclusion.

As I said, I don't mind paying, but I don't plan on paying twice. Either I will just get the lite version, or wait and get the Gold one.

Michael

9. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Hello there,

I think this is a losing strategy. Basicaly you are doing a paid lite version. Look at the example of Red Bull Air racing, they did this and the gamers didn't like at all.

It will be much better to mix you two versions in just on and make it possible to buy additional content from the game. Let's say that you want to charge 0.99 for the basic version and 2.99 for the gold one. Put it on 1.99 and give the gamers something more than the basic version.

About lite version, I think it is essential for a game with the complexity that your game has. We need to try before buy it, that is the rule for a complex game. This is much more true in a sports game.

Anyway, the game looks good, but I am not sure about the control system. Another point is that I thought it was a little too quick for my standards. The conrol system I suggest to let it free: touch the sreen and you will do a move, swipe and you will do another. Make it moe intuitive.....the actual screen seems to have a lot information (buttons) and it is kind of confusing.

I am a big sports fan I am eager to buy all sports game....I would love to see a good volleyball game....

Cheers,

Bruno

10. Bruno -- we appreciate all comments and feedback, so thank you for your input and I'll pass the info on to the development team for sure.

I also had a couple of screen shots that I wanted to post, I have more than this but I need to finish converting them over. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I disagree with his reasoning, but I do agree with some of his conclusions. A paid lite version is probably going to hurt you more then it will help you.

If you do a paid lite version that is pretty full featured, some of the people who might have purchased the full version will instead purchase the lite version because it is good enough for them.

If you do a paid lite version with a full version coming later, some of the people who might have purchased the lite version will instead wait to purchase the full version. Some of them may eventually actually purchase the full version, but some of them may never get around to it and purchase nothing at all.

If - on the other hand - you do a paid lite version and then allow people to upgrade to the full version via purchasable downloadable content, then you get people to buy right away, but you also get people to pay for the full version.

Or, if you scale the lite version back enough so that it really is just a limited trial, and then give it away, you will not be cannibalizing your sales of the full package. The way you have described it so far, I will probably buy the lite version, but not the full version.

In any case, the pictures look great.

Regards, Michael

12. Thanks for comments as well Michael, I'll also pass those on to the dev team. I can tell you this, the Gold version (full) is way more feature rich than the standard version, but like many Lite versions which are really lacking, we did want to have ours really be good and it is (in our opinion).

13. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I really think your lite version should be a free one. make it similar to your paid but instead make it timed like most games such as nfl and uno. People get lite versions so they can test it out and see if they like it. It ruins the intent of a lite version and I for one don't wanna pay for a lite version to see if I like it and then pay again to upgrade to full. just my 2 cents

14. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Plans changed here. I would swear before there was to be a lite version with at least 4 courts and the only incentive to upgrade was to get male players.
    I remember this because I said if that's all, I'll stick with lite, as I usually use girls anyway.

I also remember seeing more content, more courts / venues.
    That's gone. My interest is going away as well.
    I don't care about price, I'll pay whatever if the game is good. Most of my favorite games cost way more than 99c

Also, I can't see where you move the players position.
    It looks as though the ball goes to them automatically and you time the hit by pressing one of the provided buttons.
    If this is true, you can't move the players.

Could you give more detail about the control?

15. Hello there! Let me see if I can address some of your points, and let me know if you have more questions. I'll also see if I can get one of the developers to pop on and reply:

1. The Regular (i.e. what people are referring to as the lite, but it really is beyond a typical lite type of game). This version plays fantastic.

2. It has always had two courts in this version, we have not deviated from that plan. The Expanded version (which does not have a name yet but will by next week) has more courts, men and women players, and additional control/features (that I'll give details on when they are ready to be released).

3. Think maybe Wii Tennis in the way the players move. You control their actions, and believe me, you need to work up (in a fun way) and get the skills to hit the ball with the right kind of shot at the right time.

The goal is to provide a really fun and playable game right off the bat with this version.

16. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    any updates on the queue status?

17. We were approved over the weekend, going live in the app store this Thursday (Sept 24). I'll post some details over the next couple of days - since it takes a day or so to be able to be found, I'll post the exact categories we are going to be in. We are really excited, I hope you like the game!

18. Tomorrow is the big day! 9.24 the game goes live in the iTunes Store. As you know, it takes a while to be able to be found in a search, so the categories it will be listed under are: Sports, Family

Let me know if you have any trouble locating it, I can direct you to the exact URL once it's live. (you can email me at [email protected])

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You should start getting the word out to big sites like IGN Wireless, Appgamer, Pocketgamer, SlideToPlay, Neogaf, Touchgen and Toucharcade as soon as possible; tomorrow there might be another Appstore rush.

20. Thanks, we have a massive push on many sites going on.

We went ahead and launched -- we are live! Pro Beach Volleyball by iBall Games for iPhone and iPod Touch is in the iTunes Store now! http://bit.ly/IMHEL