TestFlight Problems

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MeteorFlare, Mar 24, 2012.

1. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Dear All,

I am new to this beta testing scene on TestFlight.

I have received 2 invitations on TestFlight, and have successfully accepted both invitiations.

However, I have come to huge problem. I am unable to install any of the apps that are available to me within the TestFlight app. I have tried lots of methods, but I am still unable to install TestFlight OTA distributed apps into my iPad.

I have even re-registered my device over the TestFlight website using my iPad twice.

Made sure to check that my UDID is correct (which it is) and also made sure to check that I have the TestFlight app profile in my iPad.

I am at a lost as to what to do now. I cannot install any of the apps made available to me on the TestFlight app list on my iPad.

This iPad is not jailbroken, and is totally brand new. I am able to install all of my paid apps into my iPad from the Apple App Store over the air and also using my computer.

I am at a total loss. I tried searching the internet for any other user that might have the same problem as me, but, to no avail. I am unsure what else to do.

My new iPad has never been through any other beta testing before. This is its first time. My previous iPad had successfully beta tested tons of apps for developers. But this is the first time I'm having this problem.

It allows me to download the app, but when it reaches the install phase of stuff. It just goes "Unable to Download Application" "App Name could not be installed at this time"

If you've got any tips as to how to solve this problem. Please do let me know!

I thought it was only the problem of one app. But, after being accepted for my 2nd beta test, I was still unable to install the second one.

2. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry to bump this up, but I got this problem too now, and nothing seems to be getting the app to download/install.

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I was getting an error a few days ago "unable to install ____"

But then I installed test flight on my iPhone and did it there instead. (the problem was occurring on iPad)

Since their design overhaul alot of people have been having problems...it's probably an error on TFs behalf .. If you have another device try to install it on there..

4. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Yeah this has been a problem for me too. I emailed the testflight team but am still waiting for a response.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#5 Sanuku, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Sorry that I`m asking but are you all on an new iPad (iPad 3) or on an iPad 2?

6. Justin@PhykenMedia

Justin@PhykenMedia Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Project Manager
    We have been getting the same errors. :(

Unfortunately, we have not been able to replicate the issues consistently. Also, it must not be related to just iPad 3s because we're getting the error on our iPad 1s and iPhone 4S.

7. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I'm having problems on my 4th Gen and the steps that support gave didn't help. I'm going to have to restore my iPod and try to see if that fixes the problem.

8. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm having the problem on my iPad 2.

9. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    It seems like there's an issue with Testflights beta feature that lets Devs add devices without making a new build.

From what we see here, to get that to work properly you have to install your beta games through Safari. It won't work if you go through the testflight app or your email.

Go to Testflightapp.com and install you're game from there. That seems to work.

10. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Nope. I've only tried downloading from Safari and I still cannot get a download. A full restore, removing the provisioning file and reregistering the device hasn't helped either :(.

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tried that. Contacted Testflight and they asked me to install some debugger thingy and send to the error reports to them.

12. readysetretro

readysetretro Well-Known Member

Anybody still have issues with Test Flight?
    I'm using it for the first time to beta test as a developer, and my app is getting stuck as 'Waiting' on all devices. TF support is slow to respond, and their documentation is sparse. Anybody else encounter similar issues?

13. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    We had that issue for a while though the problem was caused on our end. Check your firewall permissions to see if it's blocking anything.

The major issue we're having with Testflight (now) is 1 in 3 builds fail to get uploaded.

14. readysetretro

readysetretro Well-Known Member

Thanks Blackharon. At least know its not just me.
    I'll check my firewall permissions. I'm sure this issue is something on our end, but difficult to debug with little help from TF so far. All steps were followed as per their instructions

15. FlowStudioGames

FlowStudioGames Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Safari security

Hey guys, I had a slightly different problem but I have solved it with turning off Private Browsing in Safari settings and, clearing history/cookies and data. Try it, hope it helps.

16. I have an ipad 3 ios6.0 and testflight has been working ok with me, even though I don't use it much.