The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. arizonabay13

arizonabay13 New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I think the Dino's Lair is overrated. It costs a lot of food to run. It's fun and all to watch them hunt around but I think it's better off to pay gold to kill the invaders instead of food. I'm level 34 right now and never refeed my guys.

My advice to grow quickly would be to invest in Quarries. I have 6 going and can rarely keep up with my Stone Mills to keep up with building. Wood and Lumber are only needed a little in the beginning.

2. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi Greg, no sorry thats not an ice fishing hut, nice idea though!! The only source of food on the second Island are the little bushes and the pig farms. As the bushes don't produce much food I found I've ended up with 4 pig farms just to have enough food to complete the quests!!

3. Katalinas

Katalinas Member

Apr 23, 2012
    So glad to find this!

I am currently on the first island at level 24/22. I have built my raft but even though I was told I could use it to go the second island I decided to stay on the first island and explore it thoroughly first. Now I wonder if that was a big mistake! Now whenever I click on the raft it says "we don't know how to use this yet":confused:

I have explored the plane multiple (10+) and still have not found the compass. Maybe that is the problem? I did find the map and the backpack.

Any ideas?:rolleyes:

Thanks for starting this forum thread!:)

4. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi girlpower!! Nag nag nag!! So sorry for absence but got a bit involved with another game for a couple of days!!!

Right, back to Tribez, I'm now level 34 and still just on the first 2 islands, there's a lot to do before I can move to the lovely looking sandy one!! It's all about stocking up on everything!! I've found the more warehouses you can cram on to your islands the better and get them all to level 3 so they hold more. Don't bother paying gems to level them up to level 4, just get another one! I put long deals on everything overnight so I have a nice stock of stuff in the warehouses to use when I need it.

Will carry this on with a fresh post as think I'm running out of room! :D

5. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Girlpower continued!!

Any news from the devs about your plane yet? I'm pretty sure you will need it for your quests so you can move on. If my memory serves me right, you have to search it several time for different things. I don't think you'll get your raft built without some of these quests. I think your lumber mill is out of reach without your plane, therefore no raft? Sorry to put a dampner on things :(

If you do sort this then a school or a museum are great for increasing your smiley bar level! I have a couple of each on both islands.

I hope you get good news soon, keep me posted! Promise I will be in touch quicker next time (will leave my dragons and dress shop alone for a while!) :D:D

6. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi katalinas - have you restored the Stonehenge monument on the first island yet? You can't move to the second island until that has been done. I remember that I built the raft and then it was ages until I could use it!

The plane and cave searches are very random, you need to search them several times before you get what you need!! I lost count of how many dino eggs I ended up with on the cave searches!

Good luck and keep playing, I think it's a great game. :D

7. Katalinas

Katalinas Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks

That helps a lot! As long as I know I am on the right track I can be pretty patient. No Stonehenge yet. I'll keep looking.:cool:

A great tip I discovered is that you can move all the fruit bushes into a clump with the rest of your food patches so you don't have to remember to chase them down to harvest. I also put the forester's huts near the lumber mils and the quarries near the stone processing mill. That way I can better allocate workers. It might seem a bit obsessive but it really does save time. In fact I have found it usefull to put all the warehouses in one area too and that was useful as I was upgrading them.

I really don't think you need more than one Dino to keep away the marauders but the income they produce is good.

Thanks again! :)

8. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    You're welcome!

That's not obsessive at all, I've done exactly the same thing on both of my islands. It looks more natural and a lot neater! It's a shame we can't visit each others islands to have a nosey around! :p

9. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I got all my supplies from the plane but did not try the cave. Saws did come from enemies.

-Greg

10. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Wow...I did not know you could move the fruit bushes! Thanks for that tip :D

11. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well hello...nice of you to visit :p
    Yes, I read that you have been busy with the `other app' LOL

I am now feeling a bit miserable myself because I haven't had a response back yet, so have sent another add on today asking for an urgent reply :(

Darn annoying as I have invested a fair bit of time already and really have enjoyed it so far....especcially after upgrades are done, but I really just need an answer from them...I would hate to go and delete it to then get a response saying they could have somehow reinstalled it? I doubt this will be the case but I am so annoyed that it happened to start with....funny how the fire is still there and I can't move that, haven't even tried to demolish it.....if I have to delete the app and start all over again, I will see it it does demolish.....

It's great to see some other players starting to post on here, I really hope this thread will be a great source of help, suggestions, strategies and discussion like the other one we belong to......

I, for one am already learning lots from you and the others.....so thanks Jazbo and please keep your butski in here, I hate nagging LOL.

Do you recall now many things are needed from the plane at all????
    I have had to buy the compass and something else @ 9 gems each as I don't have the option of the find button (no plane, no find)

Asking because if there's only a couple more things I may be able to wing it....think the gas cans are another requrement, but don't know what they will cost....

If anyone else can help me with this one, please respond....I know I am trying to cling on by my fingernails.....but I gotta do it....

Also, have you needed to go back to the plane exploring once you got to the second Island? Guess I am trying to ascertain if this will be an ongoing thing or once you get to the next Island, the exploring is just done there???

Sorry to harp on about the darn plane....read desperation into this please :eek:

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Welcome Katalinas :)
    I am so glad that you found us here too.....I am gaining some great advice from those higher up....and it's great that we can all learn from each other

Hope you stick around and share your adventure as you go ;)

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #33 girlpower, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    Agree that having the fruit bushes together makes life easier.....good that you thought to share that as I didn't think to do so.

I have also grouped my warehouses together along with my food patches etc.
    Haven't got access to the stone processing mill yet.......

I really wish we could visit each others Islands......
    So even if we give each other our game codes this wont work?

Oh I am not on facebook, so maybe this is mandatory?

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #34 girlpower, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Drats, after building the raft.....sadly no back door after all.
    My only choice for stuff needed from the plane is use gems to buy them.

Yep, I did finally get the saws from the enemies....hehe, my dinosaurs are so quick at devouring them they hardly had time to drop the saws...

My four are great guards....although in hindsight I am sure two would have been sufficient.....learning as I go and if I have to delete and reinstall I will be a little wiser next time round :D

15. Katalinas

Katalinas Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Stonehenge?

I finally got all the supplies needed to go to the second island but I have never seen the Stonehenge of which you speak. I did not get to the last expand so maybe it is in there.

Also, I am having no trouble going back and forth between the islands. The game encourages it by reminding me not to forget my other villagers.

I am having the same trouble with gathering enough food on the marble fjord to build a pig farm but I will just have to be patient.

I need to amend my earlier comment about the Dino's. I think you do need two so that one can be kept awake all the time to be ready for marauders.

Best, kat

16. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    You love to nag! You know you do! Yes I will stick around, I like to read what everyone else is up to. Of course, only you could demolish your plane....... Still can't believe you managed that!!!

I know there were several plane searches but it wasn't excessive so you may get away with just using gems? and once you get to the next island you have a wrecked ship to search instead - SO DON'T DEMOLISH THAT!! That's me nagging now!!

Let me know if you hear back from the devs and how you're getting on - back to DV now!! :D

17. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi Kat

Stonehenge is the broken monument you can see in one of the expansion areas, the most expensive expansion I think?? It's very expensive to restore the monument once you've expanded that area as well so start saving! It costs loads of food and cut stone, uses lots of men and takes hours and hours! You have to restore it in about 4 or 5 stages, each one taking 8 hours I think it was!

I'm doing the monument on the second island at the moment and it's taking forever! It's teaching me patience though!

I have 2 dinos on the first island and 4 on the second, they are expensive to feed all the time but very useful!

18. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Well, if you have the gems to purchase the items....then I think you're safe. It seems after the building of the raft and setting off for the other islands, there have not been any more plane exploring.

19. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #39 girlpower, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    Haha, but I didn't demolish it I tell you! You are right in saying it could only happen to me though.....often my mantra in life.
    All things so far related to plane exploring have always cost 9 gems to buy cause I can't search them....have brought two things so far and there is now quests for 4 more :-( only have 32 gems so I have to make decisions on this....I am happy to buy 1 - 2 lots of min gems ($1.99 in Oz) if I really like an app but beyond that I prefer to spend my hard earned cash real stuff hehe.

LOL, I did see the ship wreck and seriously it sent a shiver up my spine, I kid you not...I won't even attempt to place something close by that thing!!!

I did get an email last night....but annoyed as the info she has asked for I already supplied in my first email GRR.

The questions were:
    What level were you on when it happened?
    What level are you currently on?
    What were you doing when it happened?

The only new thing I needed to do was supply a screenshot of where the plane used to be....did all this last night and sent it straight back...so far nothing.

Oh and I did mention they hadn't addressed my query over the misleading quest that said I would get 30% more gems on ‘any amount purchased' so I re addressed that with them too
    I had said in my second email that an urgent reply would be appreciated as I was stuck at a cross road and really didn't know what to do....hmm.
    Will keep you posted.

I have been able to go over the the second Island...whoa the food source is very scarce right now and you can't plant any crops there....what to do first Jaz?
    I don't have enough food to build the pig farm, I used most to clear some space, but would it be better to try and build another storehouse first as they only hold 500 total and not using gems to upgrade these.....it's just that if I clear any trees the wood doesn't count as its already on max, so I cleared snow and rocks when I realized this....are there only two fruit bushes without expanding??

Bit hard to see what will give food with snow all over it.....
    The pig farm gives food once built doesn't it?

I suggested to MaLiesa to download this app, I see she has but waiting for her to post here, she is just behind me in points already....so she is flying
    I will keep limping along and try and fill other quests non plane related

Oh and I still can't for the life of me find the analyzer from exploring the cave....if I see one more Dino egg
    I may throw up...haha, reminds me of another apps extreme randomness

Is that The Stonehenge expansion where all those concrete looking columns are standing??? If so, I have already cleared that and the part where you can build on is not open to me yet....but this one cost 30,000, and the only other two left are the expensive ones....45,000 & 50,000

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Deeneez :)
    I don't have enough gems (if only I knew how many I needed total) I could at least make a decision, I am prepared to buy another 20 but beyond that probably not. As mentioned, I will wait and see what their game support response will be....

How are you progressing?