Coin Dozer Pro 2.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Game Circus, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Game Circus

Game Circus Member

Jan 15, 2011
  2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Uh, yeah, can anyone remember to bump this thread in three weeks?

3. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    Mentally noted.

4. v_jennifer

v_jennifer Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I hope I could remember...

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Ssok, I'll wait here till then and resurrect the thread.
    oh wait....its facebook related. nm

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Siri, Remind me to bump the Coin Dozer thread on March 14th. :D

7. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    Wait a tick, this isn't even guaranteed to go free. What will we do if March 14 rolls around and it's not? Will this all have been in vain?

8. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    They (the devs) are having a promo on facebook. If they get 100,000 likes by March 14, it'll drop to free. If not, then nothing happens (I think). As of now they have 5,000 likes, meaning it'll take a looong while.

I'd advise moving this to the "Promo Codes and Contests until/if it actually happens.

9. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Isn't this kind of backwards marketing.. Like anyone who sees this topic will now not buy this in the event that it might go free now?
    I don't pay attention to a Facebook pop-up so I don't see what something like this might do. Good luck for them I just don't fully understand it.

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#10 andsoitgoes, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    I agree. BUT let's be honest. Coin Dozer is an IAP hog. It just doesn't have ads.

And um, totally excited promo posts. Wow. Like, I'm. Wow. Seriously guys, if you want to try and pull in 95,000 likes, you're going to have to make it pop. Even a LITTLE bit.

11. Game Circus

Game Circus Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Coin Dozer free version has around half a million daily active users on the iPhone alone. We are optimistic about reaching the goal. :)

12. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I don't know which version I have, but this makes me so nostalgic of the arcade games.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I see a bit of complacency there.

I don't deny you have that many, but do you think without some hefty promotion, you're going to get 1/4 of them to do the Facebook thing? Look at the number of reviews you have, sure it's easier to get people to like it on Facebook and I'm not saying that you WON'T hit your target, but I think you need to give it a bit more oomph with your promo.

You were at about 4500 likes when you started this, or at least posted here, and it hasn't moved that much.... There's a long way to go and it's going to take some huge PR to get there, unless you don't want it to and are just aiming to get some eyes on it, which has worked to some degree already.

I mean, there isn't even a link to the game, details about the promo, a picture, nothing. Just... Meh. That's how it seems.