Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-03-2014, 05:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Slide to Finish (by Anton Shatalov)

Lite Version:

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/slide-to-finish-lite/id906406538?mt=8

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 09-03-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEXy6Upw8IQ
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I played with the Lite version a bit and in principle I like it, because it is a line drawing game

Some comments:

- when moving a line, the first movement is jerky
- when letting go of a line that was just moved, it moves a little bit more. It is predictable so it is easy to calculate this in though.
- in the levels, please add a fast "retry" button (I know it is under the menu button, but retry is so often used ...)
- dragging the view is too insensitive (example: level 1-6, zoom out as far as possible, then drag the view around)
- when in drawing mode and using (two-finger) pinch to zoom, a line is drawn
- I've just arrived at the second world (of 7 levels) and I cannot navigate/access anymore to the first world
- please GC achievements? (should be pretty straightforward)
- please GC leaderboards? (see Pop to Save, Sliding Sam)
- please start-the-clock when start the cart (when leaderboards with a time component )
- it would be cool to have, say, three "save slots" that store line layouts to later tweak with (when leaderboards)
- undo-redo buttons (when leaderboards)

Last edited by saosijs; 09-04-2014 at 10:42 AM..
Old 09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi saosijs, I'm the developer of the game, thanks for the invitation

>> when moving a line, the first movement is jerky
: This delay protects the line against a random shift of line during the selecting.

>> when letting go of a line that was just moved, it moves a little bit more. It is predictable so it is easy to calculate this in though.
: I'll think what can i do.

>> in the levels, please add a fast "retry" button (I know it is under the menu button, but retry is so often used ...)
: If you need this button, it's likely that you are doing something wrong. Usually need remove one or two lines and it can be done as well as you delete applications on the phone - just hold the finger on the line. Deleting all lines is seldom necessary, I just don't want that the button take up much space on the screen.

>> dragging the view is too insensitive (example: level 1-6, zoom out as far as possible, then drag the view around)
: I'll fix this in the update.

>> when in drawing mode and using (two-finger) pinch to zoom, a line is drawn
: I hope this is not made it a terrible. It's difficult to correct.

>> I've just arrived at the second world (of 7 levels) and I cannot
navigate/access anymore to the first world
: You can go back to the first world. This screen may scroll.

As for GameCenter: The GameCenter is a very cool thing. But I'm an indie developer. And make something cool, the desire isn't enough. If the game will bring profit, I'll make for you a competitions

Thanks a lot for the review.

p.s. Sorry for my English.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Hi BingoBongo! Nice to have you here! We as players always appreciate it when a developer participates in our discussions.

>> when moving a line, the first movement is jerky
: This delay protects the line against a random shift of line during the selecting.
= Yes that makes sense

>> when letting go of a line that was just moved, it moves a little bit more. It is predictable so it is easy to calculate this in though.
: I'll think what can i do.
= I don't know if it is the same for other players. If it is the same for everybody, maybe you can see if a correction is possible.
It doesn't bother me anymore, as I now know from experience to let go of the line a little bit higher.

>> in the levels, please add a fast "retry" button (I know it is under the menu button, but retry is so often used ...)
: If you need this button, it's likely that you are doing something wrong. Usually need remove one or two lines and it can be done as well as you delete applications on the phone - just hold the finger on the line. Deleting all lines is seldom necessary, I just don't want that the button take up much space on the screen.
= Yes, you may be right. For this type of game a fast retry is not really needed.

>> dragging the view is too insensitive (example: level 1-6, zoom out as far as possible, then drag the view around)
: I'll fix this in the update.
= Thanks!

>> when in drawing mode and using (two-finger) pinch to zoom, a line is drawn
: I hope this is not made it a terrible. It's difficult to correct.
= No, it is not terrible. Just something I didn't expect initially and thought to mention it.

>> I've just arrived at the second world (of 7 levels) and I cannot
navigate/access anymore to the first world
: You can go back to the first world. This screen may scroll.
= Ah ok! Yes that works

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoBongo View Post
As for GameCenter: The GameCenter is a very cool thing. But I'm an indie developer. And make something cool, the desire isn't enough. If the game will bring profit, I'll make for you a competitions

Thanks a lot for the review.

p.s. Sorry for my English.
I spend more time (re)playing a game with leaderboards, because I want to improve my score. Well, I always appreciate a leaderboard because I'm competitive
You can also see it this way: that leaderboards can help you as a developer understand how people use your game, like where do they give up or get stuck, how many people finish the game etc. But yes, I can understand of course that small developers have to make choices.

Again, I appreciate your participation here!

Last edited by saosijs; 09-04-2014 at 08:23 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 07:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I played through the lite version as, if I'm brutally honest, I wasn't expecting to like it. I'm not a massive fan of line-drawing physics puzzlers or really any game that gives you levels where you're judged out of three stars. But the screenshots looked interesting enough and I applaud any developer that is still willing to put out a demo version for players.

It's actually pretty good! I have little patience for the star formula as I say but I found myself replaying to get the extra carrots which surprised me. The learning curve is well done, I didn't get bored feeling like I was slowly being taught things I'd worked out already; you get some pretty tough moments in some early puzzles and I appreciated that.

I'll definitely pick up the paid version and show it around the family who are more fond of the genre, it's a nice surprise in a great week of releases for me.

I did have some problems with the line drawing as saosijs did. A few touchy moments when trying to draw the line initially and some trouble with shifting the whole line around the screen but my main issue was with correcting mistakes. Quite often I'd accidentally delete the whole drawing rather than the segment even though I swear I tapped the right area. Sometimes I'd also draw a new segment over an existing piece rather than delete it; I'm not really sure how to express it really, but it can feel a little sensitive at times.

It's a very small complaint though and including a fast retry option would also help massively. Other than that, I'm more than happy to keep playing it!