Apps for recording iPod/iPhone gameplay footage & screencaps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by FaustWolf, Mar 20, 2010.

1. FaustWolf

FaustWolf Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Huge Youtuber here, and after recently discovering just how impressive some of these games are, I'm interested in recording footage or at least screencapping. I've seen iPhone/iPod Touch gameplay footage on Youtube already, but I'm not even sure where to start. Any apps designed to record gameplay footage or screenshots of whatever's on your iPod screen, and transfer the data to your PC?

Thanks in advance!

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Wanting to do the same thing. I have researched a bit, and apple won't accept those kinds of apps because of private UI information. I don't really know how to do the video footage where the screen is perfect. Must be some VNC viewer

3. Joshuax

Joshuax Active Member

Dec 7, 2009
    There is a screen recorder app that just came out. Not sure where I seen it though.

4. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Probably done using an emulator.

Any app that did it directly one the device would need a hell of a lot of free space and would take a long time to encode anything.

5. FaustWolf

Mar 19, 2010
  6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Ask Gameloft, EA, etc. They use them all the time.

7. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I highly doubt it will have a good frame rate for what you want to do with it (make gameplay footages).

If you really want to ask more about the jb app, I suggest making another thread in the jailbreak forum. This section is for non-jb apps, so you wont get as many comments about that jb app.

8. FaustWolf

Mar 19, 2010
    Whoops, the description does say it's a jb app and I didn't see that. Since I've never really cared for anything with the word "jail," I think I'll shy away from that for the time being. Seems limitations have almost forced iPhone users to do this though.

Something like "Veency" would also work, but also looks like another jb solution.

No luck at the app store yet. Seems there's plenty of apps to record video of real world stuff, but nothing to record what's actually on the iPhone's/iPod's screen.

9. Frustrated_Chef

Frustrated_Chef New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Not sure if you'd figured it out by the time you get this message but in order to take snapshots of the phone screen you must press the lock/home button at the same time. As for recording gameplay I was searching and it's how I found your thread. Hopefully you can find something for us. ��

10. VidsOfAMan

VidsOfAMan New Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Should work

Go to (copy and paste in search bar):

http://emu4ios.weebly.com/downloads.html

This is a website tht allows you to download an app called RecordMyScreen. Follow the directions on the site (they might move sights every once in a while) and click on the box that says Choose Application!. Choose RecordMyScreen, it will automatically download onto your phone and you are able to record audio and video of your screen. (And maybe even post on YouTube)

NOTE: -Does not take up a any space on your phone
    -NO JAILBREAK NEEDED
    -Can leave app while recording (of course)
    -Can save recordings

Too good too be true? Lol well see for yourself and just so you know this was intended to help and it kinda looks like an advertisement well it isn't it for your own good so enjoy!!! :p hope this helps tell me if it does thx