Racing Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RankoSao, Nov 7, 2009.

1. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I'm looking for a certain type of racing game. Does anyone know if there are any games that let you buy car parts and tune your car with them? I don't mean just cosmetic stuff, i mean stuff that changes the cars performance. Something like Choro-Q for the PS2.

2. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Asphalt 5 you can tune your cars, upgrade new cars, etc. Really good game.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    DOes it actually make a noticeable difference though? In Asphalt 4 it sure didn't.

In NFSU car upgrades do noticeably improve their performances. But I hated NFSU

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    There are only 2 good racing games that I can think of that involve customising your car in visual and performance - NFS: Undercover and Asphalt 5.

Although I feel that Asphalt 5 is a better overall game, NFS: Undercover focuses more on the modifying of cars. If it's modifying cars you want, I would go with NFS.

5. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

I hope NFS: Shift will have this.

I don't consider the current NFS worthy of anything, as there is NO Bumper cam or first person cam.
    That's a joke.
    No offense to all of those who drive 3rd person in games, but I am more of a purist and I play racing games to 'Drive' the car, not feel like I am simply 'Controlling' the car - That's for RC games.

The only games that I will drive in 3rd person would be Kart games.

I love Arcade and Sim racing, like:

Ridge Racer Series
    Gran Turismo PSP
    Project Gotham
    Real Racing
    Asphalt 5

Sorry, but I can't think of anything to fit your desire at the moment but let's see if Shift fits the gap.

6. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I don't really care about which camera angle it has... and i don't think you really answered my question..

7. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Thanks for your help, i have that game now :D