Get Criticism For Your Game Here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Enco, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    #1 Enco, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    All is well with complimenting people on their games but that's by no means the best way to improve. I've noticed that people are fairly reluctant to give out criticism here (not all) so I thought it would be helpful to have a thread where people can post their games to get some constructive criticism to try and help them out. It's fairly simple.

A dev posts a game they want people to criticize and people post possibly ways for improvement. If the app is paid for then anyone who is willing to provide thorough criticism can reply and the dev can then send them a promo code.

Rules
    1. The criticism has to be constructive. 'It sucks' is not constructive
    2. The dev has to be ready to openly accept the criticism
    3. If the dev wants criticism for a paid app, they must provide a promo code for the person willing to help. This isn't necessary if the person already owns the app or is willing to purchase it

This can turn out well but both devs and gamers need to take part. Having a dedicated constructive criticism thread helps focus the aims and might be more helpful than separate game threads. What do you guys think?

2. Yeah, doesn't seem too bad an idea but mods would have to be careful critisism doesn't get out of hand.

3. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Yup.

It has to be constructive and the dev has to be ready to accept it. Otherwise, there's no point posting.

I think a sticky would help too. Just as a trial even.