Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2012, 11:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbuddy View Post
I was able to get used to the controls thanks to the auto aim, until I got to the first boss. No auto-aim there, so shooting it and actually hitting it was a really frustrating chore. Good game and good port, but a better control scheme would make it more fun to play.
I've just submitted an update to Apple. It was mainly bug fixes but I managed to squeeze in 2 new control configs that use a trackpad style control for aiming (like mass effect).
For the next update I was thinking of adding:
Ability to configure where you want the jump & shoot buttons to be.
Slider for controlling aiming sensitivity.
Support for hardware sticks like the Fling and iControlPad

Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see of if anything else needs fixing.

Cheers,
Mark.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

this game is awful.. classic my ass
Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewhy View Post
this game is awful.. classic my ass

care to expand on that?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

July 11, 2000 - Fur Fighters get`s released for the SEGA Dreamcast and the Control System is a crap.

More then a decade later you could at least expect that someone had took the Time to fix it. Well...

July 19, 2012 - Fur Fighters get`s released for the Apple iOS and the Control System is...still a crap.

Did anyone at Muffin Games played the Build that was uploaded to the iTunes Store and really thought...

Yes, we did it! The Control System is fine. The Folks will love it since it`s better then the Dreamcast Version?!

In the Year 2000 the Control System was so f*cked up that Ebgames/Gamestop did refund the Game even Weeks after someone had bought it without any Comments.

I wished I could understand the reasoning at Muffin Games Ltd because even if someone would be 24/7 stoned the Control System would be still as crappy as it was in 2000...

Besides that:

I swear I did liked the Game when I had played the Demo the first Time at some Press Event in 1998 or 1999 (Sorry I can`t remember anymore when the first Demo was shown to the Press - Getting old...)
  • I liked the switching between the different Animals and their different Skills.
  • I liked the Jump'n'Run Parts.
  • I liked the Story.
But after I had played the final Build in 2000 my enthusiasm went from Love to Hate in less then a Mission Length.

While this all is being said I`m still looking forward for the upcoming Update! Maybe after all those Years someone will manage to finally realize that the Control System is pure shit and need to get fixed before anything else.

Good luck to us all that it won`t take another decade....
Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 PM

The new controls are a big improvement. Removing that weird inertia that came from trying to emulate the original games virtual joystick look has made things more precise. It could still be better, but I think this is going in the right direction and I encourage you to keep working on it.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

@Sanuku The people at Muffin games thought this time:
"We'll put in a control system we are happy with but this time we can update the game as much as we want so we'll listen to the user's feedback and update the game accordingly."
This is what I'm trying to do and as a result the recent update has a new control method based on what people were requesting.
This is just the start though and more updates will come out with more controller refinements and options.
You have to realise that it is difficult to do a control system for a game that is both a platformer and a shooter, especially when it is for a touchscreen device but thanks to people on this forum giving such good feedback (yourself included) I believe we are getting somewhere with the controls.
Cheers,
Mark.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:03 AM

This just went universal.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:02 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

the free version is the same version like the one for buy? they have different version numbers!

Last edited by Sonicx; 08-29-2014 at 01:52 AM..
Old 08-28-2014, 05:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Holy me, I loved that game when it was on dreamcast! Anybody played it on iOS? How is it?
Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Love it! It's so good to play this game once again, the gameplay is good but could be better, would be perfect with icade.