Big Fish Memorial Day Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Silvers, May 23, 2014.

1. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Big Fish has a selection of casual games discounted over the weekend:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/promotions/ios-memorial-day-sale-2014

Actual prices seem to be a dollar less than those listed, in Canada.

Included in the sale are:

Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition
    Otherworlds: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition
    Island: The Lost Medallion
    Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition
    Fisher's Family Farm
    Written Legends: Nightmare at Sea
    Depths of Betrayal: Collector's Edition
    Antique Road Trip and its sequel
    Time Mysteries: Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition
    Sacra Terra: Angelic Night Collector's Edition
    Season Match 2 and 3

Personal notes:

Spring of Shadows is a HOG (Hidden Object Game) classic and a good place to start if you're new to the genre

The Mystery Trackers HOG series is generally considered to be of high quality, but this installment loses its punch if you haven't played at least one other in the series. It's the Winter Soldier of the group.

I personally find the Season Match series pretty boring, but I can't deny that you get a lot of pretty gaming for the price. They're the kind of Match 3 games where you click on groups of 3 or more gems and they disappear, instead of the Bejeweled-alikes where you swap gems. Darkin and ZE.. ZEO... the 60-second match 3 game starting with Z and recently updated to 2.0 are better options to scratch that itch at a similar cost.

I haven't played Angelic Night yet, but I do own it. I played another Sacra Terra game on my PC and had a great time with it. Cheesy, but cheesy fun. Hidden object game.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Being a fan of this genre I still fondly remember the days when Big Fish discounted the regular games to a buck and the collector editions to 1.99 or 2.99. Now they are just expensive.

Although I agree with the comments above, it you are looking to save some money, every week or 2 they will discount one of the collector editions to 2.99 or 3.99 for iPad. Have to be careful because some of these games are so-so quality, but many of them are pretty reasonable. You can go their website and see what the current discounted game is.

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea gone are the $1 BF sales where one could scoop up loads of games. As Pluto mentioned they've got the lower sales every couple weeks. Before anyone calls me a cheap skate and not supportive I do buy at full price after finishing a previous game, occasionally even a few at a time but always on the lookout for a good discounted game as well.
    I don't really bother with these $2 knock offs unless I'm in between games and something looks good. Gotta weed'm out for the top quality ones with a little research though.
    But then again I've gone strictly on screenies when buying sometimes.:rolleyes: