Anyone still interested in mobile Real Time Strategy games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by o3gaming, Nov 7, 2013.

1. o3gaming

o3gaming New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Don't see many RTS games on the iphone nowadays...only like one or two really popular ones. Growing up, I remember that RTS games were all the craze back then...from Command & Conquer to Warcraft to Starcraft to Age of Empires, to the more recent Starcraft II which seemed to be really anticipated at the time. But yet, there aren't many RTS games on mobile and doing some research, the best selling games rarely comprise of RTS war games like Warcraft.

We actually had an RTS game for iphone in development a year ago, and put it on hold.... have been wondering ever since if we should finish the project. Anyone still play those top-down RTS games anymore?

2. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Autumn Dynasty is a great example of an RTS that takes advantage of the touch screen interface. I'd pay for an RTS that knows it's not a PC game. Minimize the reliance on hot keys and such, and you'd have a winner. Mostly, it'd be awesome to have an RTS that doesn't leave me thinking it'd be better on PC - a touch screen experience from the ground up.