Universal Cloud Chasers (by Blindflug Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Blindflug_Tabea, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Blindflug_Tabea

Blindflug_Tabea New Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Game Designer & Programmer
    Switzerland
    #1 Blindflug_Tabea, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Hi everyone,

My name is Tabea, I'm one of the developers of Blindflug Studios. I'm here to present you our newest game Cloud Chasers, which is a really important project for us. It is our second title after our debut First Strike.

[​IMG]

Cloud Chasers is a narrative roguelike set in a steampunk world with a setting inspired by the topic of migration and global warming:

The earth is seared, more and more turning into one enormous desert every day. The most privileged are living on artificial floating islands in the sky. As they are harvesting the clouds for their own needs, Francisco, a corn farmer, can no longer sustain his family on the ground. So he takes his remaining daughter Amelia and tries to take her to The Spire: The gate to the promised land above the clouds.

[​IMG]

If you're curious about the gameplay, those are the three most important features:

NON-LINEAR STORIES
    Currently we have over 200 narrative encounters and short stories. With each play through, the randomly generated world of Francisco and Amelia unfolds a little more. In the those stories we're not only talking about the last inhabitants of the desert, the fabled cities in the sky and what drives the family to reach it – they also have a huge impact on the gameplay, as they have an influence on the players resources and items.

CLOUD GLIDER
    Flying through the clouds with Amelia's glider to gather the last bits of water before they get transported to The Above is another core feature of the game. Water is the most precious asset on this journey through the desert, as it is not only needed for Francisco's and Amelia's survival, but also is the currency in which items and services are traded in.

DESERT SURVIVAL
    Getting through the desert is extremely difficult, therefore the player has to manage their equipment, upgrade the glider and trade or search for the right items.

[​IMG]

We're extremely excited that the game will release next week (Thursday, 15. October 2015) on iOS and Android.
    Also I would be really interested in your feedback here :)

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Looks fantastic and meaningful. I'll definitely pick this up next week.

3. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Instabuy for me. Loved First Strike!