Iphone only?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CaptLudd, Aug 27, 2013.

1. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    When a game says iphone only does that mean that the screen does not scale up to the Ipad mini screen size, or does it not play at all? I have read that games that are Ipad only dont even load onto phones. I am interested in the game THE QUEST and all of its expansions but only have an Ipad mini. Can anyone tell me if i am out of luck or if i will just be playing with a small screen in the center?

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    If a game is a non-universal iPhone game it will not scale to the iPad screen and you will have to use the x2 option to stretch the image size to closer to the iPad screen size. So yes you can play the quest on your mini but the graphics are not going to look the greatest.

3. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    oh i thought the appstore just would not let anyone do that. When i click an ipad's app link on my iphone it doesnt even let me see the description, a pop up appears saying that i cant download an ipad's app. what did you do to download/install ipad apps on iphone and iphone apps on ipad

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    You cannot download and use Ipad only app on Iphone at all, but you can download and use Iphone only app on an Ipad. You don't need to do anything out of norm, just download and install as usual. Note: Using Iphone app with 2x zoom mode on an Ipad will result in half decent graphics and this depends on the app/game. Good luck :)

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You can install iPhone apps on an iPad, but not the other way around.

6. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Okay got it thanks for the heads up.