iPhone Save the Furries: FREE !

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Laurent Benadiba, Apr 6, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

SDP Games is extremely proud to announce the worldwide release of Save the Furries on the iPhone and iPad platforms, for FREE, on the 1st of May 2012!

Help Save the Furries across 60 levels in this puzzle-adventure with 30 levels for free! Furries are cute green creatures that like to visit strange planets and then stroll about oblivious to the dangers around them.

You are needed to move and swipe pinballs, ropes, logs, crates, carts, switches, fans and all sorts of other items to help create a safe path to the exit. Make sure you keep the Furries safe from strange galactic creatures, spikey pits, huge explosions, giant drops and becoming the main dinner of the evil Furax !

Developed by SDP Games the game will be available Worldwide on the iTunes store on the 1st of May 2012.

FEATURES

• 60 levels to Save the Furries on 6 planets, 30 levels for free !
    • Many items to solve physics puzzles: pinballs, ropes, crates, carts…
    • Game center support.
    • Portrait or Landscape display.
    • In-app purchase: sacrifice & fast forward…
    • Size of the app is 20 megs, it can be downloaded from 3G connection !
    • Full 3D graphics.
    • Universal iPhone & iPad app.

CURIOUS? More info on:

http://www.savethefurries.com
    http://www.sdpgames.com

About SDP Games:

SDP Games is an award-winning game developer founded in 2005 by Laurent Benadiba after Co-Founding Team Bondi and working on L.A Noire as Technical Director. Our mission is simple: make great games for the entire family on all platforms.
    Recently, we have developed “Dance Paradise” and “Minute to Win it” on the Xbox 360 system and Kabuki Samurai Sensei on the iPad platform.

We’ve also helped BigFish Games to port Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles (#1 in the USA in the free games category) and My Life Story: Adventures to the iPad & iPhone platforms.

Check out our website for more information http://www.sdpgames.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ninja J

Ninja J Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    You successfully inspired me to have a try!

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #3 dclose, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    So what happened to the [thread=116498]Bulkypix version[/thread] of this game? Got pulled and replaced by this? Has this gone Freemium, then?

Edit: I see upon reading the description more closely, it's switched to a 30 levels free, 30 levels cost IAP, plus other IAP special items too.

I hate it when devs pull access to their games, then rerelease making new owners buy them all over again. Good luck with the new sales; as a former owner, I'll be passing. I only buy stuff once.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Getting so sick of devs doing this type of thing. Why Apple lets it happen I don't know. I'll be passing on this.
    IAP for fast forward? Is that a joke?

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

Totally agree... Getting sick of this pull+rerelease bs.

Staying away from these Devs from now on.

6. Hi Syntheticvoid & dclose;

Please let me give a few words of explanations on the "why" :)

As you may know we are an independant developer, and we only live with the revenue that we can make from our games, games we make with the highest passion and commitment.

Today we have found monetising iOS games using the premium model is proving difficult, and we thought we get new players to discover our game by offering it under a freemium model; 50% of the game for free. Some options are for sale (like the fast forward) but do not get mistaken, it's not a mandatory but a "comfort" option. Besides, it's a buy once use forever item.

This new version of the game is for new players only; existing players of the premium version still own that version and existing features are maintained (Game Center, etc). So you are right there is no need to download that new version if you bought the premium version already.

Do not get mistaken, we still love our players & fans :)

I hope these few words clarified our position and why we decided to release the game this way.

Kind regards;

Laurent

7. styrisvps

styrisvps Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    thank god finally i am succeeded to find

8. Save the Furries developer answer

Hi guys;

First thanks for your encouraging comments :)

Syntheticvoid and Dclose; if you have bought the game it is still supported (Game center, support, etc) and you have all the 60 levels; with all options unlocked. This freemium version is mainly to allow new players to discover the game with 30 levels for free and comfort options (like fast forward, buy once use forever) to buy as in-app purchase.

I hope you still like the game :)

Laurent

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yes, but to get the updates, we'll have to re-purchase the game... have you completely 100% made sure that all 60 levels are issue+bug free in the paid version before you pulled it? If not, and an issue pops up in the later levels... leaving those who paid for your game unable to complete it... you'll have no way of fixing it for them, except for telling them to download the free version, then pay for the levels they originally had issues with so that they can complete the game...

and who's to say that if this version doesn't do as good as you hope that you won't pull it and re-re-release it again? What about different future games?

If you wanted to get new players to discover the game, you should have kept the full paid version, and released a separate freemium version. Actions like this never go over well, and almost always end up ruining your reputation.

You've definitely got a spot on my do-not-buy from list now.

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    And if I remove the game from my device, to make room for new stuff, then want to put it back on, I can't as it's no longer on the App Store. Unless I've downloaded it through iTunes to my main computer, I can't get it back even though I paid for it!

So no, you're not still supporting the original game. It's gone. I can only play it if I still have it on my device. If you really wanted to support original users, you would've left the kept the full paid version available on the App Store, and released a separate freemium version.

11. We did, an update was released about a month before the premium version was removed so we made sure the game had no major issue and could be completed (we had about 3 people testing the game for a month :)

If you do have troubles completing the game we are providing a support page here http://www.savethefurries.com/support.html

If we are to make an update to the Freemium version which adds more features & levels, we'll make sure the players who purchased the Premium get a ticket to the upgrade too without the need to pay again what was bought originally. We have a design in place for this, but it will come to action only if needed as you understand it's not a simple process ;)

We do care a lot about our players and fanbase, and make sure our games are released to the highest standards. Take my word for it; the people who bought the previous version will not be let down;

Laurent

12. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #12 dclose, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    That's encouraging, at least, and makes me feel better about the version I own disappearing, though I'm still not sure how you'll deal with folks who bought it but removed it from their device and now can't get it back. But thanks for posting that anyway.