F.A.S.T. Makes A Million Dollars in 6 Weeks!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iFonePhanatic, Jul 26, 2009.

1. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    From article on Techcrunch.com by Michael Arrington:

Link to article

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Does SGN deserve it? Indeed they do ;)

3. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    I agree, I just didn't realize the game was that successful

4. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    I never could figure out what there name was, and now it makes no sense. What a switch off. Cheers for the dev with the best mmo in the store!!!

5. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    #5 Rad, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
    I think more of the developers have hit numbers like this before but most don't want to release the sales data. They all want you to think that they can't make any money at the lower price points. The point is they want to make even more money. Like I have always said this is a new market where lower prices are offset by higher volumes. I do agree some higher prices will be needed for games that are of PC size and quality but not imitators that have a high price but lack content. I think eventually the amount of game Mega/Giga bytes will be used as one of the gauges of what is a $9.99 game. The only one I have seen that was even close was a true port of Myst. Myst was never one of my favorites though.

6. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    This game is awesome. It's just like a real dogfight simulator. I haven't been doing too well on it lately. I keep getting in fights with guys 300 points over me. And my fate is usually sealed after I get into a stalemate. But it's still a great game. It's one made to appeal to more hardcore gamers.