Call of duty mobile (by Activision)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 6, 2012.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Activision Leeds was established in November 2011, but it wasn't known what the studio was working on beyond the "development of projects based on Activision's brands."

The studio will be developing "all handheld versions, iOS versions of Call of Duty" going forward, Payne revealed, but he wouldn't confirm whether or not that extended to the Vita game Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/call_of_duty_black_ops_2/news/activision_leeds_developing_call_of_duty_mobile.html

2. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Omg!!! ##

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Awesome news!

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Sure didn't see that comin'... :rolleyes:

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This has to be a joke. CoD on iOS? Good bye MC3 :rolleyes:

6. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hope it's true :p

7. iOS already has the 2 CoD Zombies games. It's not exactly the same, but it's still Call of Duty. ;)

8. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Huh? I thought Activision was done with iOS games. I guess the increasing success and profitability of the iOS platform has made them change their minds. Good news, anyway.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Eeeeeexactly! If this comes out before MC4, I might not even buy it!! :D Can't wait OGMGMOGOIOGNGMG I jizzed.

10. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Best news about mobile games this year!

...but still... Multiplayer FPS games will never reach the PC (the problem is mainly in controls)

11. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Imagine halo mobile. :D

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    What......................? MC3 proved that an iOS game can have excellent controls that fit your needs perfectly. I hope Activision will look at those controls and add fully customizable controls in their games too.

13. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Why is this in upcoming games? They havent even said theres a game coming, and if there is it will prob be another zombie one.

A full cod game on ios would be really good though, if gameloft can produce a game like nova 3 then Activision should have no problem.

14. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Agree, don't know why everyone is getting so excited. Nothing announced for iOS. DS and PS are mobile platforms. Don't get me wrong COD would be cool but Activision stated a while ago that they weren't interested in iOS; I believe they had concerns with the controls. That was probably well over a year ago and things do change so who knows.

15. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I'm imagining it, but then my beautiful imagination is being cut short by the big 'ol Microsoft logo at the startup screen. :(

I want it as much as you do, bro. Believe me.

16. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    xD No, no, no... I didn't say that controls are bad on iOS FPS games. The problem is that there can't be as many controls as on the PC and you couldn't handle all at once like you can on the PC. Those controls add A LOT to the gameplay (especially if you're playing a sniper).

17. COD on iOS? Why have I got a worried feeling inside of me concerning the multiplayer?

18. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    This might be so cool!

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    The last thing we need in iOS gaming are little kids swearing every few seconds........

20. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Well if that was all your experience in COD then I feel sorry for you.