★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

04-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the recommendation! I never managed to get into SMT -- I wasn't totally comfortable with how much of the games revolved around demons. But it seems like the Persona series is a bit different?

Maybe more to the point, I only have iOS and 3DS now. :/

I've heard from a couple people now that I should try Mass Effect -- except for the third one, apparently? As you say, I'm really more a JRPG-type, but maybe it's worth a shot...!

Did you ever play Earthbound, or any of the Mother series?

Last edited by korossyl; 04-23-2017 at 07:39 PM.
04-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems on the Apple App Store? This is mine... and it even happens when i'm on very good wifi anyways my downloads are super slow and sometimes it even takes about 5 minutes before it starts and that's even the case with something that's under a 100 MB
I have had more downloads fail in the last week than probably ever total anyways just wondering if its me or if others are having this problem. I expect slow downloads on stuff thats a GB and higher but a 44MB game getting an update failing 3 diff times and then finally downloading on 4th try and taking 5 mins is not what im used to

04-26-2017, 06:24 AM
Ive been playing kingdom hearts union the Japan version and I just landed my favorite character so far Beat from The World Ends With You I also upgraded him from 5 to 6 star
04-26-2017, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Is anyone else experiencing problems on the Apple App Store?
Apple's track record this week is just perfect, isn't it? ;D
04-26-2017, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korossyl View Post
Apple's track record this week is just perfect, isn't it? ;D
It seems today to be acting right
Guess there were some issues as usual ha
Or my phone was the problem either way all seems good now
04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
I have been doing some PC gaming lately as well and me and my daughter love playing Five Night's At Freddy's World and i must say its not a bad RPG at all just wish it would come to mobile already. any word on if its still going to
also the bonus is this taught my 7 year old how to play RPGS and now she loves them even plays Final Fantasy games with me now
04-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Just bought a new RPG from the Japan App Store for 1200 yen and is only available there in Japanese for now. Anyways this is a very highly rated RPG called Egglia Legend of Redcap
From what I've read this is gonna be a very good game, comparable to the Mana series since one of the devs of this game worked on that series!
I will have some impressions and screenshots coming when I get away from work and can play it with over 400 reviews it's all 5 stars. I was wondering Shaun if you have played it yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	113682  

Last edited by Dailon80; 04-27-2017 at 10:09 AM.
04-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Egglia Legend of Redcap is so good! I can see why it's rated so high
There is a little bit of everything in this one!
I'm gonna say that this will be a game that easily ranks in my App Store top 5 all time
It deserves a Worldwide release for sure
The guy who did this game was also behind Legend Of Mana
So far I get a romancing Saga, mana, ft tactics vibe
Little bit of all of that in this masterpiece
The artwork is ace and that's where the mana feel comes in through the character art etc

Last edited by Dailon80; 04-27-2017 at 02:30 PM.
04-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Egglia Legend of Redcap is so good! I can see why it's rated so high
There is a little bit of everything in this one!
I'm gonna say that this will be a game that easily ranks in my App Store top 5 all time
It deserves a Worldwide release for sure
The guy who did this game was also behind Legend Of Mana
So far I get a romancing Saga, mana, ft tactics vibe
Little bit of all of that in this masterpiece
The artwork is ace and that's where the mana feel comes in through the character art etc
Sounds amazing! Any chance of an English translation, do you think?

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
Yesterday, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Sounds amazing! Any chance of an English translation, do you think?
Hard to say but some of it is in English so maybe down the road. I hope so it's a 5 star game for sure. I can't put it down.