The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    #1601 korossyl, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Thanks for the recommendation! I never managed to get into SMT -- I wasn't totally comfortable with how much of the games revolved around demons. But it seems like the Persona series is a bit different?

Maybe more to the point, I only have iOS and 3DS now. :/

I've heard from a couple people now that I should try Mass Effect -- except for the third one, apparently? As you say, I'm really more a JRPG-type, but maybe it's worth a shot...!

Did you ever play Earthbound, or any of the Mother series?

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Is anyone else experiencing problems on the Apple App Store? This is mine... and it even happens when i'm on very good wifi anyways my downloads are super slow and sometimes it even takes about 5 minutes before it starts and that's even the case with something that's under a 100 MB
    I have had more downloads fail in the last week than probably ever total anyways just wondering if its me or if others are having this problem. I expect slow downloads on stuff thats a GB and higher but a 44MB game getting an update failing 3 diff times and then finally downloading on 4th try and taking 5 mins is not what im used to

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Ive been playing kingdom hearts union the Japan version and I just landed my favorite character so far Beat from The World Ends With You I also upgraded him from 5 to 6 star :)

4. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Apple's track record this week is just perfect, isn't it? ;D

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It seems today to be acting right
    Guess there were some issues as usual ha
    Or my phone was the problem either way all seems good now

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have been doing some PC gaming lately as well and me and my daughter love playing Five Night's At Freddy's World and i must say its not a bad RPG at all just wish it would come to mobile already. any word on if its still going to
    also the bonus is this taught my 7 year old how to play RPGS and now she loves them even plays Final Fantasy games with me now :)

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1607 Dailon80, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Just bought a new RPG from the Japan App Store for 1200 yen and is only available there in Japanese for now. Anyways this is a very highly rated RPG called Egglia Legend of Redcap
    From what I've read this is gonna be a very good game, comparable to the Mana series since one of the devs of this game worked on that series!
    I will have some impressions and screenshots coming when I get away from work and can play it :) with over 400 reviews it's all 5 stars. I was wondering Shaun if you have played it yet?

Attached Files:

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #1608 Dailon80, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Egglia Legend of Redcap is so good! I can see why it's rated so high
    There is a little bit of everything in this one!
    I'm gonna say that this will be a game that easily ranks in my App Store top 5 all time
    It deserves a Worldwide release for sure
    The guy who did this game was also behind Legend Of Mana
    So far I get a romancing Saga, mana, ft tactics vibe
    Little bit of all of that in this masterpiece
    The artwork is ace and that's where the mana feel comes in through the character art etc

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Sounds amazing! Any chance of an English translation, do you think?

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Hard to say but some of it is in English so maybe down the road. I hope so it's a 5 star game for sure. I can't put it down.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Days later all I can still play nonstop is EGGLIA: Legend of Redcap one of the best App Store games ever made so awesome
    The more I played and learned the game the better it got and so now can't put it down : )

12. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Woooo Star Wars!! I sunk many, many hours into Droidworks and Galactic Battlegrounds.

But I might be the only person who plays Yoda Stories to this day. There's hardly a finer game!

Oh, and shout-out to Lego Star Wars iOS.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Lego Star Wars complete saga iOS rocks
    It will be free in Xbox gold too on the 15th!

14. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Yeah -- I can replay a $2 a hundred times to get my money's worth, but the amount of original content that's included in Lego Star Wars -- for $10 -- blows my mind.

15. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I enjoyed KOTOR and Jade Empire, are there any other RPGs similar to these on iOS?

other RPGs i've played and enjoyed
    - Aralon
    - Ravensword
    - Shadow Sun
    - BG2
    - Battleheart Legacy

16. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Hi everyone! How are you doing? April seems like it just dissapeared in everything happening, but May has brought plenty of nice weather for walks and sitting playing DQIV by a pokestop :)

17. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Hm, so open-world exploration...

18. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Going by that alone, I'd think something like The Quest HD or stuff by Spiderweb Software. But those have significantly different feels, engines, and graphical styles.

Other thoughts?

19. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    The Quest seems like something I'd enjoy, i'm currently playing through Legend of Grimrock which looks similar (though i'm assuming The Quest HD is more open world?)

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I was going to suggest Spiderweb games too - particularly the Avernum series. Or there's Planescape Torment. Again, not that much like KotOR or Jade Empire, but still sprawling WRPGs.

For something a bit more off the wall, there are the two 9th Dawn games. I've got the second one and it's quite unusual. Only dipped my toe into it, but what I've seen is good.

Otherwise, I think Jakeopp has played most of the big WRPGs.

Oh, one more came to mind: Seven Mages - that might do it. Or Ember.