iPad Radiant Defense - (by Hexage.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Apr 18, 2012.

1. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #1 iND, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

Radiant Defense

David Peroutka
    Radiant Defense is a defense game set in a vibrant universe invaded by countless alien hordes. Build your space fortres…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Radiant Defense is a defense game set in a vibrant universe invaded by countless alien hordes. Build your space fortress any way you wish, set up wide variety of weapons and traps and let the invasions begin! ◉ Build your own route for incoming waves of enemies! ◉ More than 300 waves of aliens across 14 missions ◉ 9 upgradable weapons to kill the aliens with style ◉ 3 superweapons of mass defense ◉ Online hall of fame - your scores can only grow ◉ Signature soundtrack by Kubatko IN-APP PURCHASES Radiant Defense is free to play without any ads, supported only by in-app purchases. Each in-app purchase greatly enhances your tactical options.
    Information
    Seller:David Peroutka
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Apr 17, 2012
    Updated:Jun 13, 2019
    Version:2.4.3
    Size:18.2 MB
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woot! Another Hexage title that might just wind up stuck on my device permanently. =oD

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks pretty freakin' awesome. Not keen on the fact that they made it freemium though. Anxious to see how the IAPs work.

Again, much rather pay for a "full" game or unlock. But I do like Hexage so I'm off to download...

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, it says the IAP increases your tactical options, I'm hoping it's set up kinda like Robotek

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Sadly not showing up in the US store

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Radiant Defense

David Peroutka
    Radiant Defense is a defense game set in a vibrant universe invaded by countless alien hordes. Build your space fortres…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Radiant Defense is a defense game set in a vibrant universe invaded by countless alien hordes. Build your space fortress any way you wish, set up wide variety of weapons and traps and let the invasions begin! ◉ Build your own route for incoming waves of enemies! ◉ More than 300 waves of aliens across 14 missions ◉ 9 upgradable weapons to kill the aliens with style ◉ 3 superweapons of mass defense ◉ Online hall of fame - your scores can only grow ◉ Signature soundtrack by Kubatko IN-APP PURCHASES Radiant Defense is free to play without any ads, supported only by in-app purchases. Each in-app purchase greatly enhances your tactical options.
    Information
    Seller:David Peroutka
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Apr 17, 2012
    Updated:Jun 13, 2019
    Version:2.4.3
    Size:18.2 MB
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Or search for Radiant Defense or Hexage.net

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I'm able to see it, just downloaded it straight to my iPod, getting ready to jump into it.

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Sanuku and Syntheticvoid! Downloaded and will enjoy! Thanks again!

9. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    What others by them should I check out besides Radiant? Is Evac any good?

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Evac is an awesome game, which I need to get back to because it gets pretty dang hard. It's like Pac-Man with a quirky story and lots of different things going on (traps, pushing blocks to crush enemies, etc.). Definately worth picking up, especially if you like Pac-Man style games.

Haven't tried the others except Radiant, my favorite Space Invaders type homage.

11. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    loved Robotek, so im picking this up and considering buying the iap... gonna have to pick up Radiant too

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, first impressions -- nice looking, fun TD if nothing that original. Surprisingly difficult IMO. Even the tutorial levels aren't that easy with limited amounts of cash to buy/upgrade towers.

I'd probably opt for an IAP, but it sounds like they're different sets of towers. Not necessarily anything that would give you an "edge" in gameplay especially dependent of their in-game cost to build them. Perhaps more powerful, but again, if they cost more to build....well, you get the point.

Love the graphical style and overall feel of the game. Just not as in love with it as Radiant and Evac first took me.

Definately will play it some more though.

13. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #14 Drexiel, Apr 18, 2012
    i foudn the tutorial way too easy... first mission was ok...

Second Mission.... let's just say that i find Wave 11 impossible ._. (100 tank type mobs)

and yes there are 4 sets of Tower Iaps, for 99 cents each... Science Pack seems useless unless you buy the Biowhatever Pack which gives a tower that doubles amount of money earned in an kill area... and Wave 11 on Mission 2 seems that without the Spotlights(from the Flamer Pack) it's a bitch to play... so imo that's 3 necessary tower packs...

and the Science pack gives the buzz saw traps which i imagine are very useful... the Science Pack cannon costs $500 and that seems like a shitload of money to save up, again making the Bio Pack much more desirable...

And from the Explosive pack, the Seraphim Missles which coast $120 and seem very useful... Target Seeking missiles with near infinite range(range thing is quoted from the game)... There's also proximity mines which i guess would cause a lot of damage

The Flamthrower and the Seraphim Missiles (From 2 different packs) seem to be vital imo since the Flame can wipe out shields and the lasers are too damn stupid and weak to be reliable(stupid cuz they don't have target priority on shields and won't stop shooting until mob is dead, so if 100 shields charge, u'll disable just 1, untill that mobs is dead)

And tesla coil is too slow and the mix of it's price with it's range doesn't really make it that useful when you need quick shield removal.

the Poison turret while useful, also brain damaged and doesn't target the first mob... it targets w/e it wants...

i bet that with some control over the turret AI (like making turrets shoot what you want them to shoot, or set priorities like High HP, lowest HP, First or last mob within range, Shields or Armored, this game would be a lot better)

maybe i just picky or w/e but these AI changes would make this game much more awesome(imo)

and as of Mission 2 at Wave 11(out of 12), i found the need to get some iAP towers... Cuz the standard cannons are too slow to be useful, and they miss a lot unless you position them at the start of the map, wasting a lot of range potential.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I guess I should try this game out myself but I don't like games that are super difficult early on. Probably the reason why it's free though..

15. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    just added some extra thoughts on my previous post, regarding the iap towers and what i think about the game

Note: I only played 2 missions and repeated Mission 2, 3 times, deciding to quit while on Wave 11

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #17 awp69, Apr 18, 2012
    You must be a hell of a lot better at TDs than me. The first three waves of the tutorial were quite easy. But the fourth one was pretty challenging, took me like 10 tries to get past just because your start out with one tower and then by time you finally get a second one, you get an enemy killing you.

The fifth wave even with four towers seemed like another huge increase in difficulty with the amount of enemies coming at you.

I've played plenty of TDs and, while not a great strategist, never felt a tutorial was difficult until now.

But maybe I just needed to restart the whole tutorial chapter over....must be doing something wrong from the start.

EDIT: One reason I think I'm having a problem is that the AI of the towers seems pretty bad. Firing at enemies further away instead of those closest to the base.

17. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #18 Drexiel, Apr 18, 2012
    yeah the Tower AI blows.... read the post i made after ur First IMpressions post so you see some of the things i mentioned regarding AI...

as for the tutorial... i felt the game was on auto play or something... i only used like 4 towers... the tutorial at one point does give out a LOT of money... like 500-600, so that made it easy.

EDIT: Here's a pic on how i did the tutorial

[​IMG]

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ok. I wish to go back in time and retract my earlier impressions. I was playing while watching TV and wasn't paying attention to the text boxes. Thinking that the tutorial was a simple straight line as an introduction and not realizing how you can change the path using the modules.

Yes, I do have a college degree. And yes, I feel like a total idiot.

Anyway, the tutorial was a breeze after I realize how to actually play the game. ;)

19. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    LOL

ok so now, i managed to get a Perfect real easy on Mission 1... but once you get to mission 2, if you manage to beat the Wave 11 and then manage to beat Mission 2 on a Perfect, do share your tower positions =O

i think that wave alone is pushing me towards iap