Which piracy app should I get? Pirates, Harbor Master or Battle of Pirate Bay?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jul 22, 2009.

?

Which Piracy Game To Get?

1. Harbor Master

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  2. Pirates: Sea Battle 2

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. The Battle of Pirate Bay

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Other Piracy Game (Post it's name please).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #1 wikoogle, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    All three apps have an average of 4 star reviews. All three apps are .99 cents.

So which should I get? Or is there another piracy game that I'm forgetting about?

Update: I went ahead and purchased both Harbor Master and Battle of Pirate Bay. Both are stellar games and I don't regret my purchase. Harbor Master really doesn't feel anything like Flight Control. There are just too many differences. And I agree, it feels more polished and like an all around better game. Don't know why I hesistated.

My concern now is that other possibly good games, like Pirates 2, with 4 star reviews simply won't get any attention because they were never talked about on these forums, simply because the dev didn't know about this site and there's just too many games for us to keep track of unless the dev makes it a point to post here.

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    I have no idea what Pirates is, but get Harbor Master

3. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    Thanks Aaron.

Quick question, have you played Battle of Pirate Bay? If so, why did you recommend Harbor Master over it.

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    The Battle of Pirate Bay is way different than Harbor Master. In Battle of Pirate Bay, you drag the boats to incoming pirate ships to bomb them before they get to your base.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I don't have the second two, but Harbor Master is great.

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Are you going to download a cracked pirate app?
    Pirating a Pirate game? lol.

7. rhenzhen

rhenzhen Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    NY, USA
    I only played Harbor Master. So, i can't give feedbacks on other 2 Pirates. However, i have Flight Control and Harbor Master. I LOVE Harbor Master than FC. You can go wrong with Harbor Master for .99 cents.

8. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    #8 wikoogle, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Thank you. Is it a lot of fun though? I think I would rather have a game that plays very different from Flight Control, and is a lot of fun, over a game that plays similar to Flight Control, and is also a lot of fun.

This goes to anyone that owns Battle of Pirate Bay.

Edit: Went ahead and bought Harbor Master. Now I'm wondering if I should also get Battle of Pirate Bay or Pirates 2 or if they're not worth it.

9. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Haven't tried Pirates 2, but Battle of Pirate Bay is really fun. Online highscores and powerups :) It's different than Flight Control, but it is great fun.

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Harbor master isnt a pirate game. Yes it has pirates for one level but thats only a tiny part of the game. Battle of pirate bay is really good though

11. AaronAMV

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    It's different gameplay, and yes I do have both. I like Harbor Master more because I like the genre more, but there isn't much I can say. I don't know why to be honest, I just feel like Harbor Master has more polish. BoPB is also harder, but with the recent update that went live you can pick your difficulty.

12. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    I went ahead and purchased both Harbor Master and Battle of Pirate Bay. Both are stellar games and I don't regret my purchase.

Harbor Master really doesn't feel anything like Flight Control. There are just too many differences. And I agree, it feels more polished and like an all around better game. Don't know why I hesistated.

My concern now is that other possibly good games, like Pirates 2, with 4 star reviews simply won't get any attention because they were never talked about on these forums, simply because the dev didn't know about this site and there's just too many games for us to keep track of unless the dev makes it a point to post here.

13. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Does that mean not to get it????

14. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Thanks for getting our game - so glad you like it!

If getting Harbor Master is wrong, I don't want to be right ;)

15. AaronAMV

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    I think he forgot the t

16. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    No, THANK YOU for making such a steller game. It's already in my top 5 favorite games of all time. I really can't believe it took me so long to get it. So many people advertise that it's just like Flight control, only with the tweak of having to wait for the dock, that I figured why get this if I didn't like Flight Control all that much.

But honestly, it's way better than Flight Control. The gameplay is just so much more fun. The bots move at a different speed. There's a lot more stuff invovled (cyclones, pirates, unlocking new levels). And it's overall more polished imho.

In the next harbor, I would love to see the ability to use the money generated from your cargo to be usable update your dock (increase it's loading speed, maybe even buy another dock) as another feature to distinguish the game from Flight Control.

17. brypan

brypan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    I like pirates 2. It won't be a game that you will play for months and months though. I got pretty bored of it in about 3 weeks. But during that time, I had a lot of fun =). It reminds me on the POTC game on Vitual Magic Kingdom (RIP), if anybody else here used to play that game.

18. HerbertKornfeld

HerbertKornfeld Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Totally read that wrong the first time. I was going to suggest appulous, or crackulous, or whatever it is. Then, I suppose, you could probably get them all.

(Not that I'd actually condone something like this. I’ve got the empty wallet to prove it.)