The Pet Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Jan 15, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That is one massive rat. You sure it didn't carry Tiger off? ;)

Sounds like she was a real active kitty...mine just lazes around all day and really only moves to eat or do her business. Pretty pathetic really.

2. Well, she would catch a lot of mice, which she would almost swallow whole from time to time around the neighborhood. The rat actually was pretty mean and quite big. Whenever Tiger would try to attack it, it would crouch down and hiss. Tiger batted at it, but after awhile she seemed tired and maybe a little scared. I watched the scene for about 30 minutes, then went to go eat dinner.

I do think the rat got away though. If Tiger ate the thing, she would have been really full and sluggish, she wasn't, so I think the rat got away. :D

3. Yeah, you mean like the rat in Bard's Tale? That one almost ate me up! :p

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hes about 8 now, had him 5 years. Does seem like forever as hes always by my side when i'm working at home !

Amazing dog, its funny how many people stop and ask him about his eyes, loads of people do. Entered him in a dog show and he won it, sure it was a bit of a sympathy vote but a blind rescue staffie normally gets a lot of 'ahhhhhhhs' from people i meet !

5. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Sounds like tiger was smart enough to leave that rat alone! Many rats can get quite large too.
    The image of a cute cat swallowing mice almost whole would be fun to watch unless you happen to like mice:) I remember years ago our neighbours black cat was into catching birds. One day in the summer that cat was in our backyard sitting on the ground with a birds head protruding from his mouth. I said " you let that bird go" and the cat slowly opened his mouth and the bird to my amazement flew out. I like to think I did something good there.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, if we're talking about our pet's hunting trophies, once my dog trotted inside with half a squirrel and dumped it down in the hallway. I think it was my share of the booty from the hunt, but I wasn't so appreciative.

Never did find the other half of the squirrel, I assume it went down the hatch, so to speak.

7. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Ok you're not my friend anymore!?!:)

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hey, I was just a spectator...:eek:

9. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    My old cat was a beast of a cat. He didn't bother with mice or rats. He mostly preyed on large squirrels pheasants. Hell, one time he took on a deer (or so the vet thought when he came home with blood pouring from his shoulder). He was truly fearless. RIP.

[​IMG]

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Looks like we have some vicious pets here :D :p

Honestly I feel more sorry for my dog being teased than any animals she's killed, we have a big problem with chipmunks and squirrels where I live and the things are just plain destructive, chewing on stuff, eating our garden plants, burrowing into our house siding, it's crazy. Plus it's once in a blue moon the dog catches anything, mostly they just sit up in a tree and hiss at her xD

11. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    That's what they all say;):)

12. Yeah, she caught a lot of mice from the neighborhood, I was shocked how many mice there were, cause normally, you see none. They must hide well.

Tiger went after pigeons too. I never really saw it, but my neighbor saw her kill 3 pigeons, which is pretty impressive cause pigeons are pretty big. But yeah, never was a cat person, but being the main owner of Tiger for 1 1/2 years made me start liking cats, there were about 3 partime girl owners, who helped feed, sometimes let Tiger into their place; but there were a lot of enemies around too like dogs, some people that hated cats, cars, and she was crazy, she would jump on places like roofs, fences, etc with no caution.

So, alas, she is gone, one more last picture, I always laughed when she was on my bed and she would sleep on her back with her paws up. Kinda funny looking postion.

Nowadays, I go to a neighbors house to play with 2 housecats and 2 stray cats that hang out there. Maybe I'll take a picture. I named them Alley Cat, Mama Cat, Two Tone, and Baby Mama Cat. Alley cat (a orange cat) has really taken a liking to me, and acts like a dog, always rolling over and wants me to pet his stomach, I'll try to post a picture of those cats later cause they are kind of like part-time pets. So it is cool.

Attached Files:

13. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Aw! Tiger looks so cute! What a funny position to rest, almost like Mooch in the comic strip Mutts. I look forward to seeing photos of those part time pets:)

14. Yeah, it always cracked me up when Tiger would sleep like that, it happened maybe once a month or so. It's funny seeing a cat sleep like a human, used to crack me up, cause all the paws would stick straight up.

15. Dang, I named my cat Tiger cause she always liked to hunt, but man, your cat looks like a Killer. Dang, pretty impressive.

I remember there was an opossum in our neighborhood, at first it was kind of small when Tiger was small, Tiger would run up the the opossum and play with it. I thought it was crazy, cause opossums in Texas where I used to live are plain mean, and have nasty teeth.

But these opossums in California, look so whimpy, and I think Tiger would win in a fight. Anyway, they became odd friends. That was one strange opossum.

Here's a hilarious picture, this is a picture of my ipad stand when I'm in bed!!! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Here's Faith snoozing right next to me

Edit: darn pic didn't work

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Alright, here's my 2nd attempt:

Attached Files:

18. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Sleepy doggie!

19. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Cats are better than dogs.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just wait until you own a dog...best pets ever.