Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-19-2013, 03:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

@Sanuku: What device is the game running on in that video? The frame rate looks similar to what I am getting on iPad 2, and I'm really struggling to enjoy it.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
So you're saying he shouldn't say what he thinks because people might disagree with him.

Yeah let's all do that.
If youre going to say a certain game is the best in its category then you're opening yourself up for a fair few replies.

Tried it, its 'okay' but no way near the best at all. So you're saying the second someone says 'this is the best.... game' none of us can disagree ?

Last edited by psj3809; 08-19-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
If youre going to say a certain game is the best in its category then you're opening yourself up for a fair few replies.

Tried it, its 'okay' but no way near the best at all. So you're saying the second someone says 'this is the best.... game' none of us can disagree ?
He is not saying that at all. Geez.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Obviously.

Quote:
Tried it, its 'okay' but no way near the best at all.
I agree. If you'd read any of my previous posts in this thread you'd have known that.

Quote:
So you're saying the second someone says 'this is the best.... game' none of us can disagree ?
Uh. No. I'm not. What I'm clearly saying is that if he honestly thinks that it's the best, does that mean he shouldn't say so? Just because people will disagree?

And if you do disagree, whether people will agree with your disagreement or not, should you not say so?

What do you do, go in a thread and post what you know everyone else already thinks, just so people will agree with you?

If you care that much what other people think, especially regarding such a meaningless thing as your opinion on a game, you should get to working on that low self esteem of yours. Because you're doing it wrong.

Last edited by k1lljoy_89; 08-19-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

OMG what did I start!
Can't leave you gentlemen alone for 12 hours can I?

I don't get this conversation to be honest. I stand by what I said. Yeah it could have more content of course and more AI drivers on track, but it really is the only game I've got/tried (apart from my own of course!) that feels like ur sort of actually driving, not just "controlling". As close to my PC sim gaming rig that's somewhere deeply buried in what's turned into a storage room!

I notice nobody has actually named a name of a mobile game that I can look up that's better as a "racing experience" - not a car collecting / pimping shop, any thoughts?

Anyway it's all relative and it all depends what you want from your games so there is no right and wrong answer, just fruitful conversation
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm not sure what all the hype is about. I own the pro iPhone version and its horrible. The handling, the graphics, everything.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
I'm not sure what all the hype is about. I own the pro iPhone version and its horrible. The handling, the graphics, everything.
If you play it exactly as intended there are aspects of the game that are better, from a simulator standpoint, than other iOS racers.

But other than, it pretty much sucks.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
OMG what did I start!
Can't leave you gentlemen alone for 12 hours can I?

I don't get this conversation to be honest. I stand by what I said. Yeah it could have more content of course and more AI drivers on track, but it really is the only game I've got/tried (apart from my own of course!) that feels like ur sort of actually driving, not just "controlling". As close to my PC sim gaming rig that's somewhere deeply buried in what's turned into a storage room!

I notice nobody has actually named a name of a mobile game that I can look up that's better as a "racing experience" - not a car collecting / pimping shop, any thoughts?

Anyway it's all relative and it all depends what you want from your games so there is no right and wrong answer, just fruitful conversation
Real Racing TWO.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Real Racing TWO.
No.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Real Racing TWO.
RR2 is a better game, this is a better simulator. At least in some/most aspects.