Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-26-2013, 07:50 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Good news everyone, I managed to get the installed size down to 296MB, and the download size is reduced to around 90MB! This was done with only a minimal quality impact that most users wouldn't even notice. iTunes Connect is down for the holidays though so I cannot put the new version in the App Store just yet. It should be available within a week or two.

Collin, thanks for all of the suggestions! Some of these things are already on our todo list, but most of these are new ideas that I would love to add.

The only one that we didn't do by design is "Allow for quick save and exit from the pause/map screen instead of requiring it be done from a port." I had this in there originally, but then I realized that you could cheat by exiting in the middle of a battle, go to another level, repair your ship, then return to battle. It is for this reason that we only allow exiting a level from a dock.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Then, wouldn't it be possible to make it so you can't save while in battle the same way you can't activate a port when you are in battle? That way, if you aren't in a fight, you don't have to slog your way to a port to save.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:59 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The game is constantly saving your progress actually, no need to return to port. Give it a shot, exit the game at any point, and when you come back you will be restored to a state within a few seconds of where you left off. The wording in the exit prompt mentions that your progress will be saved only so people don't think that they will have to start over when they leave the level.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that the new update has been in Apple's hands for a few days now, so it should be available to you soon!

I also wanted to share my latest blog post with you all since some people like reading about how new apps fare in the App Store:
Letters of Marque - Our First 2 weeks in the app store
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Letters of Marque version 1.0.2 is now available which includes the following changes:
- Reduced installed size and download size
- Clearing all enemies on a level will now allow them to re-spawn upon returning to that level
- New in-app purchase options for Pirate Relics
- Reduced strength of the larger, high level enemy ships so that repairs are needed less often
- Added 16 more treasure chests to "Hazy Maze" that restore health and give powder kegs
- Reduced the size of icons on the mini-map, primarily to assist with navigation in "Hazy Maze"
- Restoring pillaged gold is now considerably less expensive
- Fixed mini-map bugs in 'Hazy Maze' and 'Blow Me Down'
- Fixed a crash that would occur when closing the in-app purchase menu without an internet connection
Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

[QUOTE=Funonium;3083586]Good news everyone, I managed to get the installed size down to 296MB, and the download size is reduced to around 90MB!/QUOTE]
It's showing up as 263MB installed, so even better. Well done.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:44 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Just wanted to let everyone know that we released version 1.1 this weekend with a new upgrade for the armor plating and powder kegs (plus some bug fixes in the last level). Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think!

Get Letters of Marque on the iTunes App Store

Also, check out the new Letters of Marque Trailer