Universal N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 9, 2012.

1. Suicide_B0mb3r

Suicide_B0mb3r Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey when i checked all the top 10 were rank 100 i swear. And thanks for that pic hahaha. I remmember playing you. You guys should play freeze tag. its the most fun mode I think. Go to the voice command and theres a command that says : "Lets camp here". I kept pressing it consecutively and it was soo funny and i was getting responses like : "wait for me".

2. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

iCloud supported???

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

That's what i do and i still have a great k/d ratio but i feel like i would be better if they were at the same place that they used to.

Nope

4. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Jetpacks and rocket launchers xD

5. Suicide_B0mb3r

Suicide_B0mb3r Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    @killercow

download MC3 version 1.1 and the controls can be moved to the corners. Fix it to wherever you like then update to version 1.2. Thats what i did. it worked

6. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I still can't decide whether to buy this for my iphone 4 or not, I keep seeing mixed reviews.

Is the multiplayer laggy on iPhone 4?

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah but for that i would need a backup of my IPA or to be jailbroken and since i'm on an ipad 3... But thanks anyway, i'm sure they'll fix it someday :)

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't actually think the leaderboard is hacked.
    When mc3 launched all the beta testers and internal gameloft testers were on it with rank 90 and massive xp, which they only had for testing of unlocking weapons and multiplayer in general.
    They were all reset on day two of launch (i briefly held the no 1 spot) so probably same thing going on here.
    I've checked the usual suspects for hacks and I haven't found any yet for the multiplayer, a couple for single player, but haven't tested them.
    Just to be clear though, won't be testing any of the hacks that do come out because I hate the bxxtxxds. Even one or two of the well known crackers won't release an mutiplayer hack because they know it ruins the mutiplayer. Some do though.

In relation to the game in general, I'm having no problems with frame rate on iPhone 4s and iPad 2. I'm actually very happy with it. Think it's great visually and enjoying the gameplay in general.
    Lag online is the only problem but that's down to the servers which mc3 was the same on launch before it sorted itself out after a couple of days.
    Haven't noticed any draw distance problems but that's mainly because of the teleporting from lag probably.
    The immersion in the mutiplayer is not quite up to mc3 but that's because mc3 has more to unlock I think.

I still am going to recommend that anybody wanting an fps should buy it.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    iPhone 4 (non-s) owners, how is multiplayer, in terms of graphics lag?

10. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    If you buy this game to play on iPhone4, i think you will be dissapointed, because campaign is pretty playable, but multiplayer is pretty laggy with low framerate, but the big problem of multiplayer on iphone4 is the draw distance, because maps are very big, but iPhone4 cant render complete map, so the draw distance is ridiculous with a lot of fog, so you cant see some players, but if they are playing on iphone4s/ipad2/3 they can see you perfectly, and they will kill you:(

11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    It's okay if you don't play that one map in the city, forget what its called. Its much better on my ipod after a reboot. Even in multiplayer, the framerate is pretty smooth.

12. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    yes in this map is very noticeable, but if you play any map on ipad2/3 you will see the big diference iphone4--ipad), because on ipad the gameplay is smooth and there is no problem with draw distance

13. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    It's obvious that the ipad3 is not strong enough to run a high end game like this ( same engine or not this is way more graphically intense than MC3 ) with all the effects at the insane resolution of the retina screen . You should expect situations like this , apple simply didn't release a meaty enough machine for this extreme resolution and this was discussed when the new iPad was unveiled , although some people were in denial . The first games of the psvita ( with advanced graphics like uncharted) , which is a more powerful machine, don't even use the native OLED screen resolution which is half of the new iPad's screen resolution .

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #314 ironsam80, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Hahaha it's amazing, we bought a devise that the 2 most powerful advantages was the resolution and the 4x graphic processor and now we need our old iPads 2, to play this game with full graphics... I don't know to who give an award more... Gameloft or Apple?
    Ok the game looks great on iPad3 but also a little bit ''empty'' without all these nice enchantments...
    Great work guys :( i hope for an update but in the other hand i am not sure if the new iPad can handle all these effects in full res (in an a game like NOVA and not something on rails like Infinity Blade or more limited like Mass Effect Infiltrator) ...

P.S: And i was so excited to see these firing skyscrapers on the new iPad.... but nothing... the firemen did excellent work :)

15. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Game Impressions

On my iPhone 4s this game is at best lackluster. What a shame too. It looks nice but gameplay is laggy (campaign) and non-customizable controls means I can't really overcome the disadvantages of touch based controls, something even the Touch Arcade review correctly stated would be the players toughest challenge.

I could at least make NOVA 2 playable and enjoyable. Right now as it sits NOVA 3 was an $8 way to fill up a big chunk of my iPhone.

Disappointed.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I would rather have all the effects at lowers res, say 1480x1120 (roughly) than full res and half effects. The new iPad IS more powerful than the 2, but it has 4x the pixels to push. I wish there was a toggle like galaxy on fire.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Try multiplayer in a few days when the servers are fixed...then make your judgement. Campaign is only a tutorial of sorts for multiplayer, really. As for the lag, did you reboot? Close all other apps etc?

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Actually the controlls are customizable, but the option only seems to be available in the pause menu of the multiplayer (and you have to scroll down in the controll settings, so you may not see it right away)

19. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #319 ironsam80, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Exactly!!! I was speaking with a friend and we were saying the same thing. No need for 2048 resolution... The game would seem also terrific on retina displays even with lower resolution graphics and these nice effects enabled (imo these effects (shadows, depth of field etc.) giving the game a more console quality feeling or big production values than hires graphics without almost any enchantment).

20. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    No, it was also lagging as hell in single player. HUGE frame drops.