Underplayed games & hidden gems

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Thirded Ninjin. Having a lot of fun with this little ninja bunny.

2. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Dropzap and dropzap 2 are 2 games I had forgotten about - good fun

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just in case another dev posts

This thread is for games which aren't that well known so they're a hidden gem. Not for games which are about to come out

4. ThreadbareConnor

ThreadbareConnor Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Associate Producer
    Oakland, CA
    Sorry about that. Our game came out a while ago and we have a new expansion on the way. Pocket Tactics has called it a hidden gem which is why I posted about it in this thread and tried to get people some promo codes. I did not mean to ruffle feathers :)

5. best

best Well-Known Member

#225 best, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    Cubemen and Cubemen 2.

One of the funnest games I've ever played.

It has online multiplayer with pc and ios. Extremely fun.

The developer is extremely hard working and listening too.

I really hoped this will appear on the top charts but it didnt (due to 1 star reviews because a lot of people crash) :( If you dont want to risk it try buying the steam version if you can (they're exactly the same according to dev) http://store.steampowered.com/app/207250/

it needs more support.

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Sorry, haven't updated in awhile.

I'll get to it soon hopefully....

7. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Sorry if this game has been mentionned before but what the hell it deserves all the attention it can get: Rico
    It's a retro platformer and don't be fooled by the simple graphics; it gets really challenging later on and you can even adjust the difficulty.

8. Space qube is quite good, with little fanfare.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree, its a great little game

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I Am Box - free
    iTunes | TA thread
    Action game that provides healthy dose of frustration and amusement for you, and your children. Can you reach its end?
    [​IMG]

Saw this on Reddit. It's really fun and quite challenging, definitely worth a download

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Been playing more of Kale in Dinoland

Its a classic Gameboy style game. Always got stuck on the first world for ages and ages but went back to the game, finally did it so i'm not on world 2.

Its quite a tricky game, but for retro fans its superb as it 'simulates' an old greyscale Gameboy game. Well worth picking up

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Bionic surfer.
    Its a great platformer with controls being a wee bit akward.

13. Duet Game is really good.

14. Bronxsta

Thanks for the recommendations. I had never heard of this game. It's lot of fun and the weapons are cool

15. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
  16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #237 Exact-Psience, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    Most PREMIUM games dont get much attention due to the fact that people are scared to dip in through their upfront price, but some of them are real solid games, and worth more than the upfront price they are charged for.

Here are some Premium (and i mean ZERO IAPs) that are pretty solid and deserve more attention.

Attack of the Spooklings
    Danmaku Unlimited 2 (despite the positivity in its thread, the number of players on GC is regretably low)
    Boson X (this is one title that even deserves to be in a general ALL-TIME BEST list, but sadly only has a relatively low number of players on the leaderboards)
    Polara (this has a worse number of players based on its leaderboards compared to the ones above)
    Ronin (again, another victim of its premium price, but deserves to be anyone's favorite)
    Indiana Stone (same fate as the ones above)
    Duet (it is heart breaking how much these games are on top of our lists, but isnt even being spread evenly around the world)
    Knightmare Tower (yes, even this...)
    Level 22 (it's really sad how all these games dont get the attention they deserve)

There's more, but i think you guys get the picture.

The hard fact is that they can be popular in TA, but the TA community is but a small fraction of the world's iOS users.

These games may sound popular on the forums, and even with TA's reviews, previews, and other specials, but they still lack the love they deserve from everyone who likes gaming on their ithings.

17. The Football Playbook: Tactical Puzzles.
    Casual Puzzle Game with a Soccer twist...Simple, pick up and play game. Infuriatingly fun to play :)
    Universal app on Itunes

18. Bronxsta

Released a few days ago, but no reviews or anything. Luckily we got some attention for it in the forum

The Honeycomb - $0.99
    Trailer
    The controls are tight and responsive, the art style is nice, and I've only played a few levels but can already see the potential for some challenging levels once the tutorial/beginner levels are done. Definitely worth $0.99, a lot of levels, plus a level editor and community levels to play. I'm having a lot of fun

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I keep coming across this and it's been a should I shouldn't i? Your comment on the controls has swung it for me and I've purchased it.