Read Google News anytime anywhere! Without Networks!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by bitware, Nov 6, 2012.

1. bitware

bitware Active Member

Oct 2, 2009
    #1 bitware, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Read Google News anytime anywhere! Read News Without Networks!
    If only you install G!News, you could download News so they are available whether you're on or offline, wherever you're on the train or on a plane without any internet connection.

Features
    1. Optimizing news content for iOS devices
    Different from Safari or RSS reader, G!News optimizes to make it easier to check the contents of the news in iOS, that make it unnecessary to zoom for every news.

2. Available offline
    Not only the titles, but also the contents can be downloaded at once. So they are available wherever you are even without any internet connection.

3. Supporting personal news
    You can make and modify your own keywords to search all the news articles with the keywords. Top 10 most searched keywords on Google will be shown for your reference.

4. Abundant news source
    Different from a certain newspaper, G!News gets the lasted news from Google news that may cover various types of newspaper.

5. Supporting iPhone, iPad and iPod
    One purchase, available for multiple devices.

Supported services
    ⋅Send by mail
    ⋅Post to Twitter
    ⋅Send to Instapaper
    ⋅Send to Pocket(Read It Later)
    ⋅Open with Safari
    ⋅Copy link

*Pull down to refresh*
    *Define personal news by making keywords*

Promo Codes:

YYL44439XYPP
    6EXR7TFEFTXM
    9NW4MNLELWAH
    WTTWR3L3J9TM
    W4KFKRR3R3XM
    4RNLRP6JRYNJ
    RYHN6YLLXWLH
    KMH3YA6XJNFP
    ARMFM7FYHTRH
    H4LTX93WT4L9

2. kuryushibo

kuryushibo Active Member

May 8, 2012
    6EXR7TFEFTXM
    Thxs
    Can we get a description on the difference between paid and free versions.

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #4 dclose, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    I took one of the ones in the middle. Minor problem: I really don't want this displaying numbers on my desktop all day long. I read this: *Set "Show Unread Badge" off to turn off the badge on icon* in the description, but I don't see a way to change settings within the app, and it doesn't appear under notifications in Apple's general settings app. So where is it?

Edit: found it. It's under the first "forwarding" icon, which is a really dumb place to put it! That icon means "email, twitter, facebook", etc. in more common use. It does not mean "settings" nor "mark as read"!

4. bitware

bitware Active Member

Oct 2, 2009

Attached Files:

5. bitware

bitware Active Member

Oct 2, 2009
    I changed the description. Wait plz.

6. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yes, Bitware, that's the one. That is NOT a settings icon! And it has NO relation to the identical icon on the other side of the screen (iPad version)! That's NOT very user-friendly nor intuitive!

7. bitware

bitware Active Member

Oct 2, 2009
    OK, I will fix it.

8. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Great, thanks! The rest of this app looks great, but using the same icon for two drastically different sets of options is really confusing. The gear icon is associated with settings, not the arrow icon. You use the arrow icon properly on the right side (landscape mode, iPad) to show email forwarding, twitter forwarding, copy url forwarding, see it on the web, and various read later options. But the identical icon on the left represents options that are generally associated with settings: marking things as read, deleting items and settings options. That should definitely be indicated from the top level with something different than an arrow.

Otherwise, yes, a very nice new reader, with no portrait-viewing mode on the iPad, but a nice landscape screen auto-rotate to one side or the other, and good keyword narrowing.