iPad: Star Nomad, a sandbox tribute to classic spacesims!

08-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Star Nomad, a sandbox tribute to classic spacesims!

G'day iOS gamers, I'm a solo indie dev from Melbourne, Australia. I've just launched a spacesim Star Nomad (App Store) I've been working on during this year.

Star Nomad (Youtube Trailer) is a top-down RPG/RTS sandbox tribute to classic spacesims of old such as Wing Commander: Privateer 1 & 2, Escape Velocity and Freelancer.

In Star Nomad, you roam free in the Wildlands Sector, immersed in a sci-fi noir setting rich in depth and humor. Be a neural data transporter, mercenary for hire, merchant trader, contraband smuggler evading the law or even a pirate making your fame/infamy & fortune.

Star Nomad is a sandbox at heart, but it's also story driven with an epic storyline that offers choices. If you love games such as Space Rangers, Space Pirates & Zombies, Eve Online, Drox Operative, Transcendence, FTL, you will probably love Star Nomad.

Features a minimlist UI with simple flight controls, everything is accomplished with one-touch, even intense dogfights & fleet combat.

Last edited by AH_Phan; 08-27-2014 at 07:48 AM.
12-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH_Phan View Post
It's $3.95 (same as PC/MAC), No IAPs, with forever free updates. I'm worried the price will put many users off since I am not a big fish, but I figured its the same quality as the PC/MAC version, if I price it less, it would not be fair. We'll see how it goes.
Keep the price.

With a free version out there, you should get conversions from the people that want it (like me! )

Michael Brough has reported several times better success at a higher price point, his games are also fairly niche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!