Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Loved up!!

I now have 2 love dragons, both with the same combo, lightning and flower. Have one fully grown and kept the other as a baby, sooo cute!!! About time we had a girly looking dragon!!!!! Would like a girly looking habitat to go with it, but guess we can't have everything!! For now, they are in a fire habitat, but pink and red??? Not too sure about that!!

gc Jazbodooley if you want to see!

2. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    dmdaily10

Congrats on the Rainbow!

3. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2263 girlpower, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    No more Frostfire attempts for me!

Haha, hope that got you all! :D
    Time to fess up....I just used those rainy day gems for the damn thing....
    Tonight was my rainy day.....called it Rebel (a few other names came to mind, but I wouldn't have been able to share them with you lot) :p

@ Alyjens, sorry.... I just couldn't keep trying anymore :(

@ Jazbo....haha, I probably looked like someone who had escaped the special
    Ward....feel DV has taken over my life? I have no idea what you are talking
    about..... twitch, twitch :p:rolleyes:

@ Kaylyn7 thanks, good to know I am in good company re dragon spotting =DV
    Do you think this thing is infectious? :D hope you get your rainbow

Yay, I have managed to breed two love dragons today!
    One is hatched and one in my nursery....I am soooo pleased it was an easy one for me to get (just what I needed)
    Got first one with flower/lightning combo on 3rd try (sped up 2 flower fails)
    Got the second one with 2nd attempt using another flower/sonic as I only have one lightning and that one was already breeding the first one in normal cave.

So just to let you know that flower/sonic also works.

Hope you all read my post regarding the email response from BFS about the gem gifting issue....no comments yet????

Direct quote from them copy and pasted into my post #2237 pg 224
    okay, over and out, good night all

4. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yay, well that two of us with love up dragons :D
    I do like these ones and yep, gals for sure...one of mine is called Valen,
    the other will be Tine....yeah I know....how original :rolleyes:

I have decided to put them in a new lightning habitat being built, ready in 14 hrs, may put a crystal in there too for a bit of girly purple/pink ...haha bit like our SS app Jazbo, plus of course the red rose decoration.
    Will have a quick look at yours before my beauty sleep now....cough cough zzz

5. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #2265 Foxtail2010, Feb 3, 2012

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Just got the new valentine dragon with lighting and flower in the epic cave and sun with firefly and snow in the other cave. I have a second 48 hour in the breeding cave with firefly and snow. I hope this is moon we will see.

7. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    Saw that the love dragon came out yesterday and tried flower, lightning ( cause they had made a reference in the description ) and first try got it but have been trying for second and have not had any luck. I redid my islands so have a rare island two normals and the special. Come check it out GCID: rattler739
    Congrats to all who have gotten The luv bug!

8. Backflip Studios

Backflip Studios Well-Known Member

New Dragon!

Hey DragonVale fans! In case you hadn't heard, there is a new dragon in DragonVale! In honor of Valentines Day, the Love Dragon can now be found in the Market or bred on the Epic Breeding Island or in the Breeding Cave!

9. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Oh, it's a gorgeous little creature. So girly and loveable. :D

10. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Valen and tine??? How corny is that girl power!!!! You were obviously VERY tired when you thought that one up!!! Hope you have second thoughts in the morning, come on, pretty, feminine names are needed!! :p:rolleyes:

Have stolen your idea re lightning habitat and crystal dragon to join love dragons, while you are sleeping on your side of the world I have had time to set my habitat up!!!! He he he, beat you to it! :D

What I would like now is another island with lots of flowers and just pink and purple dragons! Not much to ask is it BFS?? ;)

(Ps have sent you pm re SS)

11. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    24 hours and counting

I'm halfway through my 48 hour breeding lock down. Looking forward to making some Love dragons tomorrow! Still hoping it's my first Rainbow and CONGRATS to the other 48 hour times and the new Love Dragons.

12. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    So just got done with breeding my two panlong and my love dragon and decided to take a brake from trying for a second frosy and love and wanted to try for the long lost sun again after I had given up and bred a lvl 4 storm and fire and on second try got 48 he timer so fingers crossed for sun ( would also be ok with second rainy but hopefully no more moons)

13. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I'd have loved it a few weeks ago before i started selling off level 15 dragons to make room :(

Getting a doze panlongs for money making...

14. Natedawg

Natedawg New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Rainbow dragon

I breed to level 10 dragons. I breed a mud and a blazing both in that order. Really works. Add me to check. MinisterRaw.

15. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I found that lightning then flower worked for me twice for the love dragon...the first time I put flower first and ended up with a firefly.

16. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok, so as I approach the 100 gem mark, I am reconsidering the giving tree and getting the frostfire instead...

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    LOL, sure is....that's why I had to have two of them, such a relief to be able to get them after only 3, then 2 attempts....that's a new concept for me :rolleyes:

18. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2278 girlpower, Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm....food for thought for you Hooked.
    You could reconsider or still get the dragonsai tree which will enable you to get back double the amount of gems you give out too?
    Guess it depends on your a frosty frustration level....it's obvious I was just over
    it...too many challenging dragons back to back for me lately :(
    The sweet as love dragons are such a welcome relief :D

Good luck....would be annoying to buy the Frosty, then you get it next breed?
    PS happy to send you a gem to help out, what's your GC ID?

19. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Stay strong, almost to 125! Keep trying to breed for the Frostfire at least for a couple more weeks. It may or may not be around long, but there is no mention of short time in the description. After a few weeks of giving and receiving 6 gems you'll be back up to 100.

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha, yeah you are right....corny plus tacky....what was I thinking (not)
    Gotta change those, still waiting for my habitat to be built....haha pleased you liked my habitat idea...I knew you would like the pink/purple thing.
    Better go see what yours look like then ;)