★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the great comments and thanks for the great first impression Andiron, you'll be happy to know we included some of the things you talk about in a upcoming minor update. (Such as the quest tracker being in way, we call it the quest toaster) will be addressed.

Pets can be bought in the store in town and also found in treasure chests during quests.

Here's a secret to help people at beginning of the game, if you go to the store and instead of buying your first weapon touch the shop keeper and he will say this familiar line...

and give you potions and a Wooden Sword for free!

There's many more Secrets like this, and as long as you keep up with armor and weapons there should be very little grinding, the hero even suggests when you should upgrade stuff. Thanks!

Last edited by SadRobot; 06-14-2011 at 01:09 AM.
06-14-2011, 01:50 AM
so how does the fight system works ?

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!

06-14-2011, 04:15 AM
gameplay vid

really interested in this game. hope to see post of actual gameplay footage, and not just the trailer the devs posted really wanna see how the battles take place. thanks
06-14-2011, 05:57 AM
Hey there!

*yeay* Ive got my first skill!

I really like the music and I think the game is fun.

The controls are still a little bit strange but I will try to flip them - you can run if you hold your finger in front of your hero, but to attack you have to touch the sword icon.

Would it be possible to rename your hero? I really like stuff like that...

Tyra ^__^
06-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Nice, I'm buying now and I'll be playing after I get back home from work. Congratulations Trident and SadRobot!
06-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattll View Post
so how does the fight system works ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reweblind View Post
really interested in this game. hope to see post of actual gameplay footage, and not just the trailer the devs posted really wanna see how the battles take place. thanks
Battles are real time hack and slash. There are a row of buttons across the bottom for special skills as you get them and healing potions. The special skills when used are instant and then there is the appropriate cool down for each after you use them.

Battles are in my opinion excellent and if you played anything like this before you pretty much can imagine what they are like.

Everything is laid out so well and perfectly. It really is what the developer aimed to create - an rpg that can be played in bite sizes on a mobile device!
06-14-2011, 09:27 AM
edit @NewEnglandGamer - thanks I like your explaination better than mine, thanks for the compliments!

We was unable to get renaming your hero in properly so we saved it for a update it's definitely on our list.

You don't have to have your finger close to hero, it can be anywhere to move you could just keep near the attack button/ sides on screen.

The fight system works by tapping attack continuously and the hero auto aligns to nearby enemies, you can mix skills in too. You leatn new moves every 5 levels, It flows very nicely when you have a lot of enemies on screen.

Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited by SadRobot; 06-14-2011 at 09:31 AM.
06-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Yeah, this is an amazing, amazing game. Bought it based on some comments NEG made and I have to say I was really blown away...so much fun. Also, "That's what she said." had me in stitches.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I love having my band of adventurers plus one pigeon travel with me!! When I first started the game I was skeptical but this is a really good game and the mechanics are really nice!
06-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Game Impressions

Watching that trailer all but killed what interest I had in this game. I thought the art looked amateurish and crude and the whole thing just exuded a certain cheapness that normally signals it's safe to just move along.

Then I picked up the game anyway. (I'm either a masochist or like to surprise myself by performing actions I wouldn't expect myself to perform - you decide.) Having played for around a half hour, I now think that the game looks amateurish and crude and exudes a certain cheapness. In spite of that, it manages to be quite engaging and I'm having somewhat of a good time with it.

Honestly I'm not sure how long it will keep my interest. But a half hour is already roughly 29 minutes more than I would have expected at face value. And I'd say if anything it's looking fairly promising for another half hour at least.

But to the dev, seriously: my God man, do something at least about the bloody menus!