Can I buy and play games from other countries iTunes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by epedemix, Aug 25, 2009.

1. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    If I live in the US and run US iTunes, is it possible to buy and run games from another country, such as UK or Australia?

2. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    yeah, just change your country to whatever country you want.

ps the chinese app store is practically EMPTY

3. epedemix

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I would have tried it, but I ran out of muneeez to spend, and I saw that I could purchase the game EDGE in australia. I am not to sure if it will work due to the issues with the game, but as soon as reup my card I will try to purchase the game.

If anyone already knows the outcome to this situation, and would like to save me the hassle, please feel free to leave a comment.

4. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

You can only purchase it if your account is set to that country. You know when it asks for you billing address? That's what it uses to tell your location. You have to have an account set up in that country in order to purchase apps from the corresponding store. You can't go in with a US account and buy an Australia-only app. I've tried.

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    You can't just buy games from another country. You'll need to have either a gift card or credit card from that country before you can buy.

6. epedemix

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks for the info guys, I was a bit late on getting an iPhone, and since I have been reading the forums, I noticed at one time Edge had a lot of hype around it, and then it disappeared only to come back, but then it vanished again with no trace. After some research I found out what was going on, and then hopped on australia, because that was only country other than US, UK, Germany that I believe had a big enough market to get a game like that.

Thank you for helping me to not waste anymore time on EDGE, I will now consider it a lost cause.