iPhone Doodle Galaxies XL - Flaming Mitten Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by flaming-mitten, Apr 16, 2010.

1. flaming-mitten

flaming-mitten Well-Known Member

Hi guys.
    We are currently in the play-testing phase of our latest game "Doodle Galaxies XL". Coming to the iPad soon. (And iPhone later)

It's an oldskool style shmup (shooter), with hand drawn graphics, and original c64 inspired music.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

you can check out some more screens here :

http://www.flamingmitten.co.uk/2010/04/doodle-galaxies-xl-coming-soon-for-ipad/

I'll have a gameplay vid up soon too.

If you have 5 mins to have a look, we'd much appreciate your feedback on how it's looking.

Mark/Mitten

2. dud112

dud112 Active Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I think it looks pretty sick, I love the graphics can't wait to see a gameplay vid cause I can't really judge the game until then. Any chance of it having an upgrade system? I'v always liked scrolling shooters where you can upgrade your weapons and armor...otherwise keep up the good work!

3. flaming-mitten

Yeah we have a number of powerups in the game that upgrade your firepower, give you shields, and also a kind of "smart bomb" style powerup that deals some death. ;o)

4. flaming-mitten

#4 flaming-mitten, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    Not a full gameplay vid just yet, but check this peek at one of the boss type fights.

:eek:

5. flaming-mitten

Have just added a short gameplay montage video to Youtube.

Would love to know what everyone thinks of how it's looking.

The vid shows a few of the enemies whilst early on in the game (it's gets harder and faster as you get further into the game), and a couple of the bosses.

More to follow as we gear up to release.

Mark/Mitten

6. JGary321

JGary321 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    This looks really good. Any idea on a release date???

7. flaming-mitten

We are aiming for the end of this month for the iPad version, with the iPhone version a few weeks later

8. flaming-mitten

Quick update.
    The iPad version is now "In Review". So with a bit of luck, we should be able to release later this week.

The iPhone version is coming along nicely too :)

Mark/Mitten

9. mrksem454

mrksem454 New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    That's awesome. I thought since the iPod Touch/iPhone was slow on recording that the iPad would be the same. But no one knows. And the iPad version will be out first, with the phone version following a few weeks later.