Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Heh, it's just that around here the big push seems to have been to get every single new one into the dex at least; I've been amazed how fast the networks move.

Related only by country ... and maybe the idea that with only 4.5m people in the country, we're all pretty close lol; pretty sure Andi and I could work out a small number of degrees of separation if we tried :).

2. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Quoting Dean:
    Problem: Don't like how when you gift to someone the confirmation is before the name.
    Solution: Be careful and try to avoid "fat finger"

I had the "fat finger" on the receiving end:
    Someone sent me a new orange frog and I forgot that you can leave gifts in the cloud and I think I sold it (I opened a slot in my MB and I'm not getting anything).
    So thanks to the person who sent me an orange frog of unknown new breed and if you recognize yourself could you PM me so I know who it was.
    Thanks.

3. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    #24583 Nirtew, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    Yup, that's how I use my stamps except I can't wait so I spend 2 at 7:59:D.

BTW to all. If my replies seem out-of-date it's because I'm trying to catch up by slowly going through last month's posts. Thanks for your indulgence.

4. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    So I've just done a bit of a blanket semi-random giftout to those I've added so far, and that's pretty much how I will operate. Not knowing most of you by name and having a confusing list in-game makes it hard to keep track of "obligations", so I'll just say generally thanks for whatever comes my way, but my gifts have no reciprocation requirement, per se :D. I will just be trying to not run out of coin myself, which as my Frog Share colleagues know, tends to be the weakness of my dexing strategy - I don't use Anuras.

Offline most of the next two days, but that just gives frogs more time to grow! Cheers.

5. ranitas

ranitas Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I'm in to trade new frogs... Slowly getting new ones and willing to share!
    Id: ranitas

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Before you go post a list of the breeds you need and I'll fill it in the next few days.

Lisi can you do the same?

7. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    #24587 AndiNZ1970, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    Maholah, thank you! In all the excitement about the new breeds, I totally forgot about the update release sweepstake. I cleared out my habs before updating, so the Signums were incredibly useful. :)

Probably fewer than 7 degrees of separation between Martin and I, Lisianne, though we're (probably!) not related. As he says, we are a small country. Statistics New Zealand had calculated and reported this week that our officially resident population would reach 4,444,444 as of sometime yesterday. We two live on the same island, making Martin my closest PF friend. :)

One thing I have found with GC is that it rearranges my friend list every time I open it. In the past, I've always started at the top and worked to the bottom when gifting. Not sure yet how I'm going to manage this from here on, I might need to employ the dreaded notebook method just to keep track of who I still have to send to in each of my gift-sending rounds. Until I work it out, gifting will be kind of random. :(

Now at 42/47 new breeds, still need Flecto, Spira, Planeta, Nodarr and Foramen.

8. trinitycool

trinitycool Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    California
    Need: Fractus, Foramen, and Pulvillus

Willing trade frogs for any/all of these three: Fractus, Foramen, and Pulvillus. I have all the rest.

id: nanaslugdiva

pm me and we can work it out.

9. Giroth

Giroth Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    I have a lot of GC friends who do not play pocket frogs and all of them show up in my neighbors list. I actually contacted nimble bit support and they said they will fix this to show only friends who have pocket frogs in an update soon ;)

My leader board scores are not updating either

10. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Working on it. Be patient, I'm at work.

11. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Andi, I noticed the same thing today :( I also used the method of top to bottom when gifting and I do hate the notebook.

Giroth, thanks for the info from Nimblebit even though I don't think I will hold my breath.:)

12. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I think that I have sent frogs to all my ACTIVE playing friends. If you have not received a frog from me since the update please let me know so that I can figure out what the problem is.

If you haven't added me yet and would like to please feel free to do so. If you could put your PF thread name in the message it would really help if you have a nickname that is different from the one you use here.

Otherwise, I am assuming all is well in PF land :)

13. trinitycool

Jan 6, 2010
    California
    excellent. just give me a holler.

14. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Sent and don't sweat it. I'm sure I owe you one from way back. Plus Dean and SC were kind to me yesterday. Just paying it forward.

15. trinitycool

Jan 6, 2010
    California
    You are too kind! I will do so!

16. Giroth

Giroth Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Friends who most recently play any Game Center game show up at the top of the list

17. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Can hardly refuse an offer like that :D.

As of now I lack:
    Pluma, Volta, Flecto, Figularis, Planeta, Spira, Pyramis, Igneous, Infinitas, Coclearis, Palma, Nodare, Americano, Gemma, Symphonia, Janus, Frondis, Hennae, Pistrix, Foramen.

That's from checking your habs, and I think that's the lot lol. Will look forward to whatever comes, whenever it comes!

18. gobinator

gobinator New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Back in the Game

I Played Pocket frogs a while ago and Played to Level 18 because there where nö New frogs. Now i returned and got the New Level 18 frogs, but i missed the Level 17 frogs and can't find them.

You can add me gobinator for Trade...:p

19. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    To which end I've also just sent you the formerly high level frogs for the NB set - you'll know what to do with them :).

20. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Can you come bail out my mailbox too. =)