iPad Ending

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Expert: Beat the Adventure mode (randomized one). I have done this three times, but it hasn't gotten much easier. If you see a pusher in the distance, run. There is a possibility that it wil get blocked before it gets to you. Also you can get it attracted to an ally if it is closer to the pusher than you. You can also blow them up with explosives. If they are on your tail, prioritize running from them/killing them over going through the right doors until they are not a problem.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Does Adventure mode track any sort of stats or scores at the end?

3. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    #43 InkyTheGhost, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    It doesn't seem like it, which is unfortunate. I think I've gotten to room 5 or 6 in adventure mode, but honestly I lose count after a few. Really enjoy the game, though, fantastic simplicity. Still going through the puzzle levels. Hopefully some score or tracking system will be implemented in the future.

Scorpion, how many rooms does it take to beat adventure mode? Those grey box pushers are the only things that really give me trouble as well.
    Edit: Nevermind, dum dum looked at the numbers.

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    This game only gets better the more I play it.
    Made it to room 2 in adventure mode. Almost there!

5. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    Oh man, I just died with 1 move left before the exit of the final room. Agreed, this game is something to dig into.

6. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Has anyone looked into my created levels?

7. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Decided to prioritize being careful over quick, and beat Adventure mode on my first try, 335 moves. This is maybe my 5th time beating it. My best time was my first, 226 moves, what's yours (anybody)?

8. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    #48 Scorpion008, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    Made any levels? I would like to try them if so.

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Can someone explain this game to me? I enjoy roguelikes and I love chess so I'm intrigued. But I'm on vacation so I can't try the browse version before buying

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Just played the flash version and WOW, I liked it so much! Insta-Buying the iPhone version now... and thanks for Scorpion for the tips :)

11. Bronxsta

#51 Bronxsta, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    So can we play user levels on IOS? I read on the previous page that you can only share levels on the desktop version

Also can someone explain this game to me? I've read a few reviews and I'm still not 100% on this game works. (On vacation, can't play browser version)

And wow, every reviews is nothing but praise. Sites like Eurogamer and RockPaperShotgun just praising the game...and it's still unknown. Why is it overlooked despite such critical acclaim in very review?

12. Bronxsta

Don't worry, buddy. I'm on the verge of purchasing. Looking for a roguelike, read a bunch of excellent reviews of this game, so now I'm interested.

Any thoughts on why this game got swept under the rug? Every review loved it. And yet like no one knows about it

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Damn I don't know why I hesitated so much to get this one, its absolutely amazing. Just played 25 levels in a row. I specially like the levels with the bold plusses and the replicating arrows. Its addictive. I'm loving it. Could use GameCenter for leaderboards (less moves to finish and more like it) and achievements. But as it is, its near perfect. Absolutely recommended.

14. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I am very glad you two are so interested. I heard the dev is still doing stuff with the code so there may be changes to come.

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game is fantastic. I would like it a bit better if the were some basic explanation/instructions for the various game modes. Nevertheless, simply brilliant!

16. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I have lots of tips scattered throughout this thread if you need help.

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #57 slewis7, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    Is there a way to reset your progress in adventure mode? I am not sure what I am doing in that mode and I want to start over and try to get a better understanding of what is going on.

Too bad the developer is not active on this thread. He wrote a comment on the front page review indicating he was now aware of this thread...

Edit: After re-reading the TA review, I now understand that the room numbers count down. I guess the initial door you see is 8 so I am starting a new game each time. I think I understand how to proceed now.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #58 TheFrost, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Update is out, and it moves the saved game to the documents folder (as shown below) so I lost all my data. Beware those of you that doesn't mind it... for me, I have more to play :D

Edit:

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time obviously. Very recommended!

20. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I regret getting it for free. Awesome game, but how is this considered a rougelike? Is that the OTHER mode that this game has?