So what went wrong?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by abbas_basil, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Replayism

Replayism Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Just checked out your game, I like the graphics! Very polished. But I think the description could be a bit better, it makes the game sound a bit generic. Also, not a fan of the delay in the controls.
    Code:

Look forward to seeing your download numbers.

2. Capedy_Toni

Capedy_Toni Active Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Is it enough to make the game just free or do you have to announce and promote that and contact those sites that list that the app has gone free?

3. abbas_basil

abbas_basil Active Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Technical Co-Founder
    I changed the description as part of the name change. I did read somewhere that the keyword if present in the description it would help to boost the positions.

So it kind of worked. The keywords with the the description has been getting mr more downloads. It always around 20. Better than before where I used to get less than 5.

I will be releasing an update soon with better controls. The controls gets better as you buy better spaceships!!

4. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    As a consumer, I only search for iPad games. If I see a game on touch arcade and It is sd, I don't bother with it.

I did download the game to try it out. I just couldn't keep with it due to the controls. Maybe I'm just not getting it but I just got frustrated. If it had a joystick and then tap to shoot, I'd definitely try it. I do like the scratch off.

What is the reason to not make a game universal? Is it a lot more work? Just curious.

-Shay